Idea #19: Curse of the Leech

Information:

A rare curse that is latched to a baby in a one in a million chance and leads to a life of solitude and sorrow. The curse makes them unable to have a working bile sack but it allows them to use magic.......by unconsciously draining it from everything and everyone around them.

Luz's Appearance:

Dark skin, long dirty brown hair that reached her back, dull hazel eyes with the right eye being covered by her hair. Her clothes were a brown cloak, a dirty gray long sleeve shirt with the left sleeve torn off, black pants with holes in them, and sandals.

Status:

Disowned

Family:

Camila Noceda, blood mother
Vee Noceda, adopted basilisk sister

Residence:

Abandoned Castle(Adegast's castle)

Personally:

Cold, distant, lonesome.

Pairing:

Unknown

Oneshot for Inspiration:

Luz walked through the market as her face was covered, not just because it was the night market but because it was something she had to do to protect herself. Or, so she just wouldn't scare others off.

'Another day, another snail.' she thought as she took a breath, feeling the magic being sucked into her from all around.

The witches, the demon, even the ground and air itself; Luz could feel herself being filled with magic power thanks to her curse. It was a strange feeling, so warm and comforting almost, but it was laughable how ironic she lived when she was home. All cold and alone.

"Two Not Dogs, please." Luz said as she walked up to the stand, ordering some food.

"That'll be six snails." The vendor said, a green demon slime with a brain and two eyes looking at her.

Luz fished out the money from her pocket, about half of the little money she had left, and set it before the slime.

"Here you go." He said, holding them out to Luz but she stepped back, seeing a subtle waver in his limb.

"Set them down and take the money." Luz said to him.

"Whatever, kid. I'm not acidic, if that's what you're worried about." The vendor said as he put down the food and took the snails.

'I don't care if you're acidic, I just don't want to hurt you.' Luz thought as she took the food and left his stand.

The worst part of her curse was that if Luz stayed around someone too long or if they got too close to her, she would drain the magic out of them until they pass out. Or worse......they die. That's what the doctor told her mother, who then told her when her curse finally showed itself at age 9.

'I wonder how mom is doing right now, even if she kicked me out.' Luz thought as she atecthe not dogs, heading to her hidden home.

She was almost there until she saw someone standing in the alleyway before her home. A small green demon in a white shirt, purple vest, and glasses.

"Ah, you've returned! I was wondering when you'd come back, little one

"Ah, you've returned! I was wondering when you'd come back, little one." He said with a smile.

"Um, hello?" Luz said, looking down to the small demon from a few feet away. "May I ask who you are?"

"Well, my good girl, my name is Tibblet-Tibblie Grimm Hammer III or Tibbles for short. I am here because I have an offer for you." He said as he adjusted his glasses. "You see, I know who you are and I am fascinated in your abilities."

"Really? And why is that?" Luz asked, not liking this "Tibbles."

"Because they can be quiet useful in certain circumstances, so I am here with an offer." Tibbles said as he pulled out an envelope and set it down on the ground. "If you wish to make some money and to better your living conditions, please read this and follow the instructions."

"And if I don't want to?" Luz asked him.

"I'll leave you be, I may not understand this but I can assume having such a curse can be quite draining on your spirit." He said as he began walking, feeling his magic being drained a bit as he passed Luz. "That is.....if you know how to use it properly for yourself."

Tibbles left the alleyway as Luz turned to watch, pondering his offer and his words. How could a curse such as this be useful in making her happy? All it did was drain the magic from everything and everyone, how could she ever be happy with that?

'Still.......I could use the snails if he's offering.' Luz thought as she turned to the envelop Tibbles left for her on the ground. 'It's at least worth looking at, right?'