Idea #54: Ghouls and Vampires

Information:
Two species so similar yet so different, they have existed for centuries and feed on humanity to survive but could never co-exist because of their key differences. Yet with humanity evolving and finding way to kill off their kinds, can ghouls and vampires come to gather to survive or will they be all wiped out in a war hidden in the shadows?

Inspiration:

Tokyo Ghouls, anime and manga

Vampires; movies, tv, history, etc.

Pairings:

UNKNOWN

Oneshot for Inspiration:

In an underground cafe named "Noir Delight," a trio of friends was enjoying their meals as the waitress came over to their table.

"Are you enjoying your meal, kids?" Eda asked them with a smile.

"It's great as always, aunt Eda. Really." Luz said with a smile as her friends raised their cups.

"The coffee is great as always too." Willow said, drinking from her cup. "It's the perfect thing to end the day."

"Anything for our best customers. You can pay when you're ready." Eda said, giving them the bill before walking off.

"Whose turn it is this time?" Gus asked, eating a sandwich.

"It's mine, I got it." Luz said, taking the bill and reading the price as well as a small message.

'We're running lower on food, need more. Usual price.' - E.

'Looks like we've got a job.' Luz thought, pulling out her wallet and paying the bill.

"Guys, we've got work tonight." Luz whispered to her friends, making them glance at the bill and nod to her.

The bell above the door rang as a new group of customers came in, making Luz's group look up to them and instantly glare. Why? Because they didn't SMELL right, they didn't smell like humans or ghouls.

'Vampires.' Luz, Willow, and Gus thought as the group of vampires glared back at them.

'Filthy ghouls.' They thought as the leader walked to the table.

"Noceda." She said, glaring at Luz.

"Blight." Luz said back, slowly standing up. "Don't bother making small talk, we were just leaving."

"No, stay. There's something I'd like to talk to you about." Amity said as her friends moved to Gus and Willow. "It won't take long."

"Not interested." Luz said, still glaring at her.

Before Luz could react, two hands firmly grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back down into her seat.

"Shut up and listen, you filthy freak." Boscha whispered with a growl.

"Or maybe we'll decide to the neutral ground into a blood bath." Skara whispered as her eyes flashed red.

Luz growled at them, her eyes turning black with red pupils as she glanced at Skara, her fingers clenched and popping in anger. This place was in her family for longer than she had been alive, and if they were threatening it, she would KILL to defend it!

"Try it!" Luz whispered.

The air grew cold between them as Gus and Willow prepared to fight while Amelia and Kat licked their lips in anticipation. It grew even colder as an adult woman appeared before the teenagers, glaring down at all of them.

"Excuse make, but there is NO VIOLENCE inside of the Noir Delight." She said in a calm yet chilling voice as the children turned slowly to her.

"H-H-Hey, mom." Luz said with a stuttered with a smile.

"Mija, I know how you feel towards each other but if this will avoid a bloodbath and shutting down the cafe for the night, just listen to her." Camila said, ordering her daughter before glaring at Amity. "As for you, NEVER come into my shop and order my daughter around again or else I'll send you back to your parents in a BAG."

Amity was shivering more under her gaze, feeling her cold blood getting even colder as she slowly gulped and nodded to her.

'S-So this is the gaze of the Moonlight Monster, the strongest ghoul in the city.' Amity thought, giving a hand signal for her friends to move away from Gus and Willow.

"Good. Now, all of you follow me to the back room before you attract attention when the evening rush comes in." Camila said, leading the five vampires and three ghouls away.

"Nice work, boss." Eda said, nodding to Camila as she worked the register.

"You and Lilith hold down the front, Eda." Camila ordered.

"You got it." Eda said as she was left alone in the main area, chuckling a bit.

'Never a dull day in this shop or this city.' Eda thought.