20

I went back to class shortly after Draco had and threw myself down in my seat next to him. I couldn't help but feel guilty deep down for what had happened between him and Cedric. It's not like I told Draco to beat the shit out of him, but I was the reason that he had done it.

It's all my fault.

It doesn't seem to me like Draco cares in the slightest what he had done. He probably enjoyed it a little too much, and I imagined that his smirk had stayed on his face while he tossed Cedric around. I really hoped that Cedric wasn't in too bad of shape because then my guilt would only grow more.

When charms class finally dismissed at the end of the hour, I quickly grabbed my things and walked out of the classroom before anyone could say anything to me. I wanted to avoid Draco at all costs while I listed all the pros and cons of why the fuck I kept him around.

Cons- ignorant, annoying, selfish, mean, picky, impatient, a dick.

Pros- fun to look at.

I pushed my way through the crowded hallways, and didn't know if I'd regret where I was going or not, but I couldn't stop now— I had already committed to my plan when my feet reached the destination.

"I'm here to see Cedric Diggory." I told Madame Pomfrey who sat behind her desk.

She glanced up at me from behind the book she was reading and waved her hand, signaling for me to follow her. She directed me towards one of the many beds that were in the infirmary, and there he sat with his ankles crossed and his head rolled to the side.

"He's right here, my dear. Took a bit of a tumble, but he should recover soon after the Bruisewort Balm kicks in." She said with a soft smile as we arrived. Cedric shot his head in my direction and his eyes widened when he saw the Pomfrey wasn't alone. My look of surprise to his damage probably replicated his stare. Fucking hell.

"Thank you." I said to her with a soft smile.

I pulled up the seat next to him as she walked away,  and sat beside his bed. He just stared at me, wondering what I— of all the bloody people in this castle— was doing here. It almost looked like he was scared of me. Like I was the one that did this to him.

Any feelings of guilt or shame that I felt on the way here had vanished now that I was seeing the real image. I tried to hold in a laugh, hoping he didn't notice when I turned it to a cough. I wish I had done this work of art myself.

Draco was right though, he looked absolutely awful.

He deserves it.

"You look-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Don't even start..." he said in a nasty tone. I probably didn't have the most sympathetic look on my face, but I tried my best to change that. I gave him a pitiful look that had to be obviously fake.

"I'm sorry, Cedric." I said flatly. "Seriously. I didn't know he was going to do this." I told him truthfully. Which, I didn't.

He just nodded his head once, and I knew he didn't believe the truth. I wouldn't have believed me either. Especially with how I acted in the lawn the other night— I would've jumped to the conclusion that I set the entire thing up.

"You won't-"

"Tell anyone? No. I had it coming." He admitted, chuckling slightly at the sentence he was about to say. "I told her I fell off of my broom this morning when I was out messing around with some friends. I understand where you were coming from... I would've had my friend beat me up, too." He looked up at me with a half smile.