56

"Are you finished packing your trunk yet?" My mother asked as she entered my room. I looked back at her as I was closing the top of it.

"Yes. I just had a hard time picking out dresses for the week, that's all." I gave her a small smile.

My family was planning to attend a Christmas Eve party tonight at the Malfoy's. They told me we would be staying there until after New Year's. It didn't bother me too much when I thought about it. Draco and I were on decent terms at the moment. It wouldn't be any worse than when he came here for the summer.

I'd have my own room to sit in the entire time anyway. I didn't have to socialize that frequently if I didn't want to. It wouldn't be any different than staying at my house. Except we'd be there tomorrow for Christmas and I wasn't too fond of the idea of opening gifts with Draco as our parents watched us like we were toddlers.

"I'm sure whatever you wear will look lovely as always." She smiled, moving my hair out of my face softly. I gave her another weak smile and grabbed my bags.

She knew I wasn't excited about going to the Malfoy's. My parents didn't even give me a choice. Told me I had to go or I had to stay at school. Staying at our manor alone wasn't an option.

I carried my trunk down the stairs to put them with the other belongings we were taking. I stood by the door and waited for my parents as they were finishing up a few things.

I had on a casual white button up with a black blazer over it. A short black skirt with knee high black socks, and little black booties on my feet. My hair and makeup were both natural. I'd have to do them for the party later anyway, so I decided to wait until we arrived at the Malfoy's.

My mother and father walked down the stairs together, already dressed and ready for the evening ahead of us. It was already late in the afternoon, so we'd need to arrive soon to be there when the guest started arriving.

"Hold your breath." My father said, reminding me of the advice Draco gave me the first time we apparated together. My mother grabbed my wrist and soon we were twisting and turning.

I left out a slight huff as we landed in the grass. That was actually the best I had felt after apparating. My stomach hardly hurt at all. My mother and father started walking towards the front door, causing me to follow right behind them.

As we walked in, the elves took our trunks to our respective rooms like they usually did. The Malfoy's were already waiting for us right inside the door.

"You're here!" Narcissa cheered, quickly walking over to us. "My baby, I've missed seeing you!" Narcissa pulled me in to a tight hug first. She quickly pulled away to examine me. "Are you okay? You had me worried there for a while. Are you eating? Drinking water? Please tell me you have started staying out of trouble. You were running wild there for a while." She rambled all at once, causing a smile to spread across my face slowly. Before I could respond she started speaking again.

"Ahhh, there's my girl." She smiled at my happiness. "Seriously, don't ever do that again. The school sending you home scared me half to death."

"Mother, you're suffocating her at this point. Just leave her be." Draco scolded her, his face hard. He looked exactly like Lucius who stood next to him.

Narcissa cleared her throat and moved over to my mother, giving her a quick hug. The smile left my face as Lucius approached me. A smirk appeared on his face as he could see my fear.

"Juliet." He picked up my hand, giving it a quick kiss. "Always a pleasure." Fucking creep.

"It is." I agreed, giving him a soft smile as I stared into his silver eyes. He started talking to my parents as well, leaving me behind as he moved over with Narcissa.