57

*Mature content warning*

Draco and I sat on the large white couch by ourselves in the middle of the party. Narcissa made everyone move out of the way as they waited on us to get our Christmas photos taken.

Pansy awkwardly stood at Narcissa's side, waiting for us to finish. Her arms were crossed across her chest, an annoyed expression on her face. She certainly knows how to make a good impression.

"Shouldn't I be the one getting pictures with him? I'm his girlfriend." Pansy asked Narcissa, annoyance clearing in her voice. You could tell Narcissa didn't appreciate her attitude.

"Uh, no. These are my kids and I'd like to be able to look back on our first family Christmas together, not some girl who Draco will probably not be with in the next year." Narcissa told her in a brutally honest tone. Draco and I just sat there awkwardly, not sure how to handle the situation.

"Well, I'd like one when they're finished." Pansy huffed, turning her attention back to Draco and I. She was watching us like a hawk.

I crossed my legs and scooted closer to him so we were side by side. Draco rested one hand on his leg and wrapped the other around my waist tightly, pulling me into him closer. I quickly fixed my hair before I folded both of my hands in my lap. I leaned my torso closer to Draco so our faces were almost touching, both of us spread a smile across our faces so his mother could snap the picture.

"My babies look so grown." She faked a sad pout. "You two are so cute." She giggled before snapping the picture on her camera.

"Okay, that was a serious one. Now, take one like you actually like each other for me." She laughed at us.

"Draco doesn't even like her." Pansy chuckled, causing Narcissa's smile to drop as she side eyed her.

She turned her gaze back to us, her smile reappearing.

"Please don't be awkward about it, you two get weird sometimes. I want a moving picture, so just do something silly." She told us as she put the camera back up. Pansy stared at Narcissa, angry that she was still taking pictures of us.

Draco suddenly wrapped both arms around me, a giant goofy smile spread across his face like I was his bestest friend in the world. I burst into laughter at his actions as he squeezed me as tight as he could, pulling me as close as possible. Our faces were cheek to cheek, leaving no space.

The flash went off as Narcissa snapped the picture. She took a couple to make sure she got a good one. Just as she was snapping the last one I put a huge grin on my face to show my excitement. Draco grabbed the side of my face with one hand and put his lips to my temple quickly.

I was shocked. Right in front of Pansy, too. I didn't let my true reaction show, instead I continued my laughter like nothing had happened. It wasn't like I cared that it had happened, he had done that to me a million times before.

Plus, it was definitely in a friendly way. Short and quick. Just to show that he cared about me. Nothing like other kisses we have secretly shared in the past.

His mother certainly wouldn't have cared either, but Pansy on the other hand. Poor girl looks like she's going to choke me out.

"Alright. Your turn." Narcissa gave an awkward smile as she turned towards Pansy. Pansy just looked at her in anger that no one was acknowledging what just happened.

Draco squeezed my hip tightly while Pansy wasn't looking, quickly releasing me so she wouldn't notice. He dropped his arms from around me and readjusted his jacket. I stood up, allowing for Pansy to sit next to him instead.