102

Draco threw a plate down on the counter before he pushed past my shoulder and headed towards the living room. A grilled cheese sandwich sat on top for me to eat for lunch. He was giving me the silent treatment as his anger couldn't get itself to subside.

He avoid eye contact with me all day long, and when I would catch a glimpse of his eyes they looked at me like they had done many years ago. Like I was nothing to him. He hated me, and he wouldn't deny it if I had tried asking.

"How mad are you?" I asked quietly as I carried the plate to the couch that he sat on. He didn't answer my question and stood up quickly as I sat beside him. I sat criss crossed and placed the plate in my lap.

My stomach was churning as I thought about the fight that Draco and I were in. It was my fault, and I knew that this would be the result. I just didn't know how badly it was going to affect my future and all that I had planned for us.

I put the empty plate down on the coffee table when I was finished and head back up to the bedroom that Draco ran off to. When I pushed the door open I was met with him pacing around the room while his trunk sat on top of the bed.

"Are we leaving?" I asked him as my voice broke. He turned towards me with hurt and betrayal on his face before he finally spoke to me.

"I don't know what the fuck to do." He answered honestly as his words cut through me like a knife.

"Are you going to turn me in?" I asked him quietly. "Please don't tell anyone. You're the only person that knows." I told him as tears gathered in my eyes. He picked up a book on the shelves in the room and threw it against the wall harshly.

"I am so fucking mad at you, just shut up!" He screamed. He had finally cracked after holding his temper in as much as he could all day. "I'm not turning you in because I love you, and that's what makes this so much harder! I don't know what to do, Jules!" He yelled in defeat. I put my head down as I cried, feeling like I should've just kept the information to myself.

"Do you have any idea what kind of position this puts me in?!" He asked me as his voice came out harshly. "I don't even feel like I can trust you anymore!" He shouted at me.

"Draco, I promise you can, please." I begged him as I walked towards him. "I'm sorry. I fucked up and I'm sorry!" I tried telling him. I was desperate for him to forgive me at this point.

"Juliet, you betrayed me! All of us! How could you be so stupid?!" He yelled as he pushed my hands off of him.

"Have you realized that you have never been in this kind of situation?" I tried crying to him. "He's our age! How was I just going to let him die?! He deserved better than that!" I argued with Draco.

"What, and let us get killed because of it?!" He argued right back. He moved to the opposite side of the room to put more space between us. "It's Potter for crying out loud! What is with you and this soft spot you hold for him?!" He yelled. Jealousy. That's what all of this argument between us boils down to.

He's always been jealous of Harry. Harry gets so much credit for anything he does, good or bad. He gets the attention that Draco craved for years. Almost everyone at school adored him. The students. The professors. He was a quidditch super star without even having to try. Draco had practiced all of this things for years before Harry knew of magic, and he beat him every time. Now he had another thing that Draco thought he finally had all for himself. My attention.

"If it came down to it, you wouldn't have done it either." I said calmly as I shook my head. "You don't have the heart to turn him in, or you'd do it right now. You'd be out on a fucking cross country exploration to find him, and take him back to Voldemort right this second!" I shouted. Draco turned away from me, grabbed his coat, and slid the balcony door open. He walked outside, leaving me by myself in the bedroom.