116

We ran up the spiral staircase to Dumbledore's office after I had just snuck into the castle with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. I was scared to go to the Dark Lord just yet, I was scared to know if Draco was okay or not, and I didn't know what to do.  

I had to stand by the main staircase and wait while all of them looked at the fatalities. I couldn't bring myself to relive it. They couldn't know it was me that did this to some of their friends and family. I could hardly live with myself as it was without seeing their faces when they found out their loved ones didn't make it.

I'd never utter a word either. What they didn't know wouldn't hurt them. I'd continue to help Harry as much as I could throughout the night in hopes that it would be a repayment for my sins. When it was all over, I'd run away with Draco and never look back. We'd live our lives at the manor and I wouldn't have to deal with any of this anymore.

It was just Harry and I who entered the office. It had been a terribly quiet walk here as he left the other two behind in the great hall. I could tell how shaken and beaten up he was over the casualties, and I knew that he felt guilty for it deep down.

I placed a hand on Harry's shoulder to comfort him, but he only stiffened under my touch. I felt like such a phony. Acting like it wasn't me who did it to them, but there was no way I could bring myself to tell him.

"I'm really, really sorry, Harry." I croaked out as I shook my head. I let out a deep breath as I spoke. "I would kill myself if it meant all of your friends and family could come back. Life isn't fair." I choked out. Harry let out a shaky breath and looked at me hesitantly as his body relaxed slightly.

"Don't do that." He whispered. His emerald eyes looked into mine sadly as I sniffled.

"Do what?" I asked timidly, worried I had said the wrong thing.

"Kill yourself because you feel guilty. You were forced into this, Jules. I know where your heart truly lies on the inside. I don't even want to know some of the things he has made you do, but I will forgive you for all of them when the sun rises." He said softly. For once, I had felt like Harry was one of the best people I knew. Not just some annoying git who was famous for his scarface. "Besides, when I finally kill the bastard, I'll still need someone around to mock and tease me. Give me a little friendly rivalry for some excitement. That's where you and Malfoy can come in." He chuckled, but it was dry and forced.

Harry led me to the desk where a large bowl laid. He pulled the vial of tears from his jacket pocket and held them over the bowl.

"Ready, Julie?" He asked nicely, but my face scrunched up.

"Don't call me that," I joked. "Not that I don't like the nicknames, Potter. It's just got some serious background to it at the Death Eater headquarters." I shivered as I thought of Auntie Bella. Harry chuckled lightly, a real chuckle this time.

"Okay, JB." He teased. "Are you ready or not?" He asked.

"Of course, HP." I replied. He dropped the tears into the bowl, causing black fluid to swirl around in the blue water.

I stared at it curiously before Harry grabbed my hand and submerged his head into the water. We traveled with the black ink before we landed in a flower field, still hand in hand. Two girls stood, one performing magic and the other not.

The muggle made fun of the young witch, causing her to run off and hide out of fear.

"You're a freak, Lily!" The brunette yelled. Harry gripped my hand tighter as he watched her. His mum.