29

"Are you really not going to sit in here with us? That's just a downright crime. You have to come keep me company— I don't know what to do without you." I pleaded with Aria as we boarded the Hogwarts Express that would ship us all back to King's Cross station for another summer vacation.

" I wish I could, but I've already made another promise. I told Blaise I'd sit with him because we won't be seeing each other after this, and I'm gonna miss him over the next few months." She told me for the hundredth time today. Her lips started to pout as she thought about having to say goodbye to her boyfriend. I faked a gag and rolled my eyes as I thought about it as well.

"Ugh. Young love." I shuddered. "Makes me sick to my stomach." I seethed. Maggie burst into a fit of laughter as I pretended to be repulsed.

"You have had the most young love out of any of us!" She accused. "How can you sit here and pretend you aren't a sucker for it?!"

I just smirked and threw my arms in the air. "And let's all take a look at where it got me! My poor first boyfriend died, and no other boy seems to want my attention. It's all a giant trap. Don't fall for that shit." I chuckled. I sat down in our compartment and crossed my arms over my chest.

After the long few days I had endured, I was more than happy to admit that I was healing. The pain that fluttered around in my gut was subsiding slowly, and I assumed that being in my own home for a few months would only help tremendously. I was also starting to realize that the more attention I gave myself, the less I noticed about the things around me.

"Seriously Aria, tell Blaise to come join us in here. He always fits right in any other time. It's not like we'll bite." I removed my eyes from the window as I begged her to sit with us once more.

"Would that really be okay? I was worried we make you guys uncomfortable." She rung her fingers through her opposite hand nervously.

"No, we love him!" Dani shouted with excitement in her words. "He's our boyfriend, you know." Ari rolled her eyes and let out a scoff.

It wasn't exactly a lie, so she couldn't deny the claim. The other 3 of us didn't have any sexual feelings for him whatsoever, but he still treated us all with respect and love like he would do anything for us. There was an obvious difference in how he treated us and Aria, though. I guess you could say we were more like sisters to the lad. Plus, I didn't mind him being in our little group at all because we all had a perfectly platonic relationship and it was a pleasant change.

"I'll go get him now. I'll be right back." Ari said. She left the compartment swiftly like she couldn't wait another second to reunite with him.

"You guys think she'll cry like a little baby when they have to leave each other at the train station?" Maggie asked as we all watched her walk down the corridor outside the window.

"Totally." I said without hesitation.

"Oh yeah." Dani nodded along.

The three of us all giggled in unison as we imagined what it would look like to watch them say their goodbyes. Aria finally walked in just a few seconds later with Blaise right behind her. The two of them sat down on the seat across from us, and we each greeted him with a large grin as they made themselves at home.

"This is for you, m'lady." He held a black matte envelope out in his hand, and my eyes fell to it cautiously. Gold script was across the front, and my heart did a jolt. The envelope didn't even say my proper name. 'Jules' was what they had written across the front in big bold letters. I recognized everything about it from the last time I had received one— especially the M wax that sealed it shut on the back.