118

I sat in my pajamas on top of Draco's bed, while he sat shirtless with a pair of pajama pants on. My hair was still damp from the shower we both took to clean ourselves as it laid against his chest. I was sitting between his legs while he leaned back against the headrest, holding me close so that he could comfort me.

My tears continued streaming down my cheeks as the dark night sky was starting to take over outside the window. Nova laid against the side of Draco's leg, trying to get his love and attention even though it was already occupied by me at the moment.

"How am I supposed to never see them again?" I whispered, my voice coming out broken and tired. Draco continued to run his hands across my face, trying to catch the hundreds of tears as they fell.

"You will. It'll just take time. I feel horrible, too." He whispered lovingly. I nodded my head, knowing his relationship with my parents. I turned my body slightly and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"They would be so proud of you. The most powerful witch in the world." Draco hummed, placing his hands on my rib cage, and readjusting me so I straddled him and he could hold me closer.

I nodded my head softly and sniffled from my crying. Draco's hands rubbed up and down my back as he held me, trying to comfort me as much as he could.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I cried, causing Draco to shush me to relax again. He placed his chin on my shoulder and started whispering sweet things in my ear.

"We'll move in to your manor soon. Whenever you feel like you're ready to go back. We'll redecorate it however you'd like, and make it our home. We'll spend every day with each other, and we'll learn how to be adults with a big scary house until our children fill some of the space." He chuckled. My breathing had slowed down as well as my tears as I listened to him. "Darby will love having us around. And nova will love running around in the backyard by the pool. We'll even get her a few friends." He promised.

"You have all of your family's assets now, and I still have all of my own. We have enough money to last us a very long time. We don't even have to work, we can do whatever our heart desires." He whispered as he moved some of my hair to the side and kissed my neck. "We'll grow old, and be happy. You don't have to ever worry about another thing. I'll protect you with my life, sweet girl." Draco whispered against my skin, causing me to shiver.

"But, it still just..." my voice trailed off as I thought. "It doesn't feel right. You know?" I sniffled once more.

"It won't for a while, but it'll get better with time, my love." Draco's hushed voice reminded me.

We sat in the silence for a few moments, both of our faces buried in the other's shoulder while I still straddled his waist. I planted a small kiss on Draco's skin, causing him to hum contently.

"Marry me." He whispered suddenly. My brows furrowed as I sat up for a moment.

"What?" I whispered, looking at his tired face.

"Marry me, Jules." He said seriously. I felt my heart start racing as I continued to stare at his face. "Sorry, let me be a bit more formal. Although I'm too comfortable to get down and get on one knee, so bear with me." He warned as he still held my waist with his hands. "Juliet Grace," Draco whispered as he leaned his forehead against mine, "you have been, are, and will forever be the one person in this world who truly makes me feel something other than selfish pride, anger, judgment, and arrogance. You make me feel love. And lust. And passion. You make me happy, and always make me feel like the summer sun is shining down on my face. You saved me from a horrific life full of misery and servitude, however there is one service I will never let down. I promise to provide you, Juliet Grace Brown, with anything that you will ever want or need. I promise to keep you happy, and safe, and make sure that you feel like you are worth all the gold, diamonds, and jewels in the world. I want you. I have always wanted you. Plus, your father gave me permission for this weeks ago," he chuckled, causing me to laugh breathlessly as well as my tears continued flowing down my face. His forehead didn't lean off of mine as he spoke again.