38

"Draco, I can still see everything you're thinking about." I huffed as I lowered my wand and plopped myself back down on my bed. I rubbed my hands over my eyes, trying to clear the stress I was feeling. He groaned in response, leaning back into the chair of my desk.

He gave up being embarrassed by me seeing his thoughts when we started this 2 days ago. Although, it was really hard not to make fun of him for it throughout the days.

The list of things he kept thinking of were short: school, facing Potter next week after all the news he's been involved in, the night he and I had in his library after the dinner party (I giggled every time I saw it in his mind, always earning a groan from him), and his parents.

"I'm getting so frustrated! I'm doing everything this bloody book said to do! It's probably a piece of junk and you just don't want me to learn occlumency so you can get in my head whenever you please!" He shouted at me.

"Okay, it isn't my fault you haven't been able to keep me out if your thoughts yet, so don't take it out on me." I snapped back at him. We had been working on this for the past 3 hours in my room. The air was definitely getting hostile at this point, considering we had yet to get him any farther in the process.

"You won't tell me how to just fucking do it!" He yelled at me standing up from the desk chair. "It can't be that hard if you of all people figured it out!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped, standing up from the bed. I started walking over in his direction.

"I'm better than you! I always have been! I should be able to do this!" He shouted back at me. His hair was lazily draped over his forehead from not being fixed after his shower, he had on his pajamas, and looked exhausted. It was definitely late by now.

"Obviously you're not! Not anymore! Just accept it!" I yelled back at him, pointing my finger into his chest. He grabbed my wrist and held onto it tightly.

"Don't touch me." He hissed at me, throwing my wrist down so it was by my side.

"Why not?! Not like it's ever bothered you before!" I screamed, slightly pushing him back wards.

"Juliet." He warned, never using my full name. This ought to get interesting. "I mean it. Knock it off." He said through gritted teeth.

"You are so fucking angry all the time! Merlin, just face the truth, Draco! I am better than you! Stress isn't helping you at all, so if you could just move on from it maybe you'd actually do it right!" I yelled at him, lightly shoving him again. I was getting tired. I wanted to help him, but I was having such a hard time keeping my cool when I was just ready for bed.

He shoved me back this time, a little harder than I had done to him. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

Did he really just push me back? Oh, it's on now.

I could feel the anger running through me quickly. I used all of my might and pushed him again, knocking him into my desk behind him. His lower back smashed off of the desk, causing a loud noise to echo throughout the room. Not like it mattered, we put a charm on the door when he first entered.

"Fuck, Jules." He hissed, rubbing his hand on his lower back. His eyes grew darker as they stared into mine. I could see the anger rising in him. His jaw locking and his breathing getting heavier. Well, I think that was enough to piss him off.

"If I didn't know I was much stronger than you," he picked me up and tossed me on the bed, "and didn't know that I would really hurt you," he climbed on top of me, his legs straddling my lower body, "I'd probably have shoved you into the bed frame as hard as I could and watched you crumble to the floor like a piece of paper." He pinned both of my hands on both sides by my head, my wand still in my right one.