117

"Come forward and join us!" Voldemort announced to the crowd before him. "Or die."

No one moved as we all stood frozen. My heart couldn't take many more of these adrenaline rushes today. Surely, I'd have a heart attack eventually from all the excitement.

"Draco," Lucius called in a broken voice. "Juliet." He added on. We both stood hand in hand, frozen at the thought. Everyone turned to look at us, Hermione giving me sorrowful eyes.

Draco didn't move as his father held his hand out to the two of us. He looked around the crowd anxiously, debating on what he was going to do.

"Draco, come." Narcissa said softly. Draco released my hand and walked forward towards his mother and father. I knew he'd give in to Narcissa. I took a deep breath as I watched him walk away from me.

"Ahhh," the Dark Lord sighed with satisfaction. "Well, done Draco." He announced. He opened his arms and hugged the rigid boy before he let him return to his parent's side.

"Sweet pea," Narcissa called out in a pleading voice. More heads turned towards me as Lucius continued to wave his hand in my direction. "Come, Jules." She said softly. I took a deep breath as I looked at the eyes in front of me. They were already gawking in my direction.

I slowly stepped towards Granger, Neville, and Weasley who stood before me. Hermione's face turned sour as she couldn't believe my choices after all. She should've known better, she thought to herself.

"Don't let this fool you," I mumbled above a whisper as I was inches behind them, "I'll be back." I whispered, walking between the three. Ron's hand reached up to sweep across my back discreetly out of satisfaction, letting me know he had heard every word.

I walked up to the Dark Lord as he smiled widely at me. He placed his hands on my cheeks, but my face was no where near as eager to see him as he was to see me. He looked right past my glare as he accepted me.

"All shall be forgiven, my darling girl." He whispered triumphantly. "The princess is always on our side!" He cheered, encouraging the other death eaters behind him.

"Julie! So glad you could finally join us! Can't believe you missed the best part of the show!" Bellatrix cackled from across the courtyard. I held a straight face as I walked back towards Draco.

He reached his hand out for mine before he pulled me into him securely. I didn't hug him back, thinking of what my next moved would be. Narcissa grabbed my cheeks in her hands and gave my head a kiss, while Lucius rubbed my hair back.

At least I still have family.

Neville limped forward, causing the Dark Lord to let out a bellowing laugh.

"Well, I must say I hoped for better." He chuckled. The Death Eaters laughed as well, all except for the Malfoy's and myself. Narcissa held Draco's right arm while he had me wrapped under his left one protectively.

"Who might you be, young man?" Voldemort asked curiously.

"Neville Longbottom," he whispered. The loudest cackle of them all was from Bellatrix.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we could find a place for you in our ranks," Voldemort teased the boy.

"I'd like to say something!" Neville cut the Dark Lord off confidently.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say." Voldemort spat at him. Neville took a deep breath before he spoke up.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone." Neville said quickly.