74

"I have work to do, love." Draco tried persuading me to get out of bed once more, but I still wasn't having it. His hands continued playing with the ends of my hair, untangling the pieces in the process.

"But I'll miss you," I told him for the hundredth time, my face still hidden in his warm neck while his arms were wrapped around my body tightly. I didn't want to leave the heat that was radiating off of his body and keeping me content.

I felt Draco's body let out a sigh under me. I knew I was being stubborn, but I couldn't help it. I felt like I never got any time with him anymore. I just wanted a day with him, where I could feel like we were a normal couple like the others.

"I always miss you, too," he mumbled, "but it's not up to me when I'm free or not and you know that. I'm sorry." He rubbed the hair on the back of my head gently, trying to make me feel better about our departure from one another. "The sooner I finish, the sooner I'm all yours." He said in a hopeful voice.

"Are you close? To being done, I mean." I asked him, enthusiasm in my voice as I sat up to look at his face.    I felt a smile creeping onto my lips as I looked down at his head that laid comfortably on the pillows. I pushed back his messy hair for a moment and waited for his response.

He said a few days ago that he was almost done. Maybe I'd get him back sooner rather than later. He didn't show me any expression as his blank eyes stared into mine, letting me know that it wasn't a good answer. My stomach dropped suddenly and I could feel my smile disappearing.

"How much longer?" I whispered softly, not even sure that I wanted to actually know now. He gulped once as his light eyes turned dark.

"Few months." He said quietly, looking down at my lips to avoid my gaze as he disappointed me. I let out the loudest groan ever, throwing my head back down against his chest. I wanted to cry and let out all the emotions that I felt building up in this moment.

"I have to wait around for a few months?!" I asked in annoyance, my voice mixing it's tone with sadness. "I just want to see you everyday! That's not fair!" I shouted, wanting to have things go my way.

I could feel Draco's breathing pick up as his body stiffened. I picked my head up to look at him, my brows furrowed slightly to see what was the matter.

His face was turned into a deep frown, disapproval written all over his face. His teeth were clinched tightly, flexing his jaw. If his eyes held no emotion before, they surely didn't hold any now.

"No, Juliet," he spat my name at me like it left a bad taste in his mouth, "what isn't fair is that you actually get to run around and live a life while I am run like a dog." He said, anger building in his voice.

I bit the inside of my cheek, unsure what he wanted me to say to him in response. I parted my lips slightly, but he continued speaking before I could utter a single word.

"And you think that you deserve to sit here and complain? Don't think that your life is so bad, yet. It isn't. You're still such a spoiled brat after all of these years, except nowadays I'm the unfortunate one who goes out of his way to do everything for you all the time. You don't even understand what a bad day feels like." He spat at me aggressively while he moved away from my body and climbed out of the large bed.

I shivered once as the cool air slid itself under the comforter with me. My face quivered once as I processed the words he just threw at me.

Does he really think of me that way?

"Draco," I started to say, but he wouldn't let me finish my sentence as he held up a hand in my direction. "I'm sorry." I tried telling him as I sat up straight to see him better, but he continued to ignore me as he put his suit back on. He exhaled a harsh breath like he was trying to collect himself before he finally looked over at me.