Chapter 25 - Down Time VIII

...

Sunday, the day after the Saturday where I slept a lot due to doing a all-night part-time job with Serika.

This morning, a bit after waking up, I was treated to texts from Nonomi and Aru.

Today, we're cleaning the Foreclosure Task Force Room!

The next time you come by, there will be a cleaner club room waiting for you!

Yup yup, so please visit us again!

Hmm, maybe I'll swing by later.

I haven't been by Abydos in a little while, so why not? Now then, for Aru's text.

Sensei, bosses need more than just leadership skills.

Of course, my leadership skills are excellent, but there are many more skills that I can acquire.

Oh? Such as?

Huh, you really wanna know?

Then come by the Gehenna library today, Sensei.

Sure thing. I'll swing by around noon.

Gehenna? I suppose she IS still a Gehenna student, but... Oh well.

First, to Abydos, then Gehenna.

—————

After getting ready and eating breakfast, I made my way to Abydos, where I found Nonomi sweeping the Foreclosure Task Force's club room.

"Huh? Sensei?" She asks, turning around after hearing me.

"Yo. Told you I'd swing by." I say, nonchalant.

"Wow! You really came!" She says happily, propping the broom against the table and rushing over to give me a big hug. "It's been a while!"

I chuckle. "I suppose it has. Glad to see ya doin' alright."

She breaks the hug. "But, um... you came here a bit early. I just started cleaning." She says awkwardly. "You'll have to wait a few hours if you want to see the club room squeaky clean."

"You doin' this all by yourself?" I ask.

"Well, the others all have part-time jobs at the library most weekends, so usually it falls to me." She explains.

"Library? That's surprising." I say.

"Yeah. It's hard making time for studying and working to pay back the academy's debt..." She says sadly. "That's why I'm in charge of cleaning. But, I don't mind." She says, regaining her smile. "Everything works out better this way. This is a space for all of us to share, after all. Keeping the school clean gives the students a healthy environment for them to learn in!"

"Well, that's awful thoughtful, Nonomi." I say, causing the girl to smile even brighter somehow.

"Anyway, do you mind coming back in a few hours, Sensei? I promise the room will be sparkling by then." She says.

I take a moment to look at my watch. It's still pretty early, so... "Why don't I help you?" I ask.
Her green eyes widen in surprise. "But... this should be a student's duty, not yours."

"It ain't my duty, it's just something I want to do." I say.

"...Okay, then. If you insist, Sensei." The blonde girl relents. She walks to the side of the room, grabbing another broom and holding it out to me. "Thanks for the help then. Here's your broom!"

So, Nonomi and I began cleaning the Foreclosure Task Force club room. With the two of us working together, we managed to finish a bit before noon.

And so, Nonomi and I stand back and look at the fruits of our labor.