Chapter 82 - Down Time XXI

Additional AN

To those of you, particularly on Wattpad, PLEASE stop asking about which characters will join the harem and when. I will not answer those questions. Not now, not EVER.

I will not turn this into a DxD fanfic where the harem list is at the bottom. Fuck that. You wanna know who joins? Just wait for it. Asking about when a girl will join won't make it come any sooner.

—————

...

It filled me with sublime bliss as I took the 'Out on Work' sign down from my office in Schale. I stayed up for a long while on a video call with my girlfriends, before passing out.

That was fun.

—————

"""""SENSEI!""""" My five girlfriends say and/or shout as their faces appear on my computer monitor.

"Hell-ooo~" I chirp, chuckling. "You girls seems excited."

"What the hell happened in Trinity?! We got word of a coup being attempted before it was swept under the rug!" Yuuka all but shouts.

"The Intelligence Committee got the same message." Chinatsu adds.

"Geez... I knew it was a mess over there, but I didn't expect something like that." Hoshino muses.

"I take it Yuuka and Chinatsu told the rest of ya?" I ask.

"Nn." Shiroko nods. "I should've gone to Trinity with Hoshino that night."

"Eh, it wouldn't've mattered. The coup was still a week away." The pinkette points out.

"I-I was really worried! I'm glad you're safe, Sensei..." Haruka says.

I smile. "I'm glad y'all were worried about me, but rest assured, I'm fine." I say, hoping to calm the girls.

"What exactly happened over there? You explained some of it, but..." The bespectacled Gehenna student asks.

"Yeah, let me give y'all a run-down real quick." I say, ready to explain. "Save yer questions and comments for after, please."

And so, I explained the mess to them.

"I see... It was worse than I thought over there..." Hoshino says, heterochromatic eyes sharpening like knives. "I knew politics was always a mess, but this takes the damn cake."

Shiroko blinks. "I don't think I've seen you this angry, Hoshino... Not that I don't understand it."

"H-How scary...!" Haruka whines. "To think all of those people wanted to use Sensei..." Then, she gains a dangerous look.

"Haruka." I warn, causing the purplette to still.

"How dare they do such awful things!" Yuuka shouts, positively livid. "Try to use our boyfriend like that...!" She growls.

"I can't say whether I've ever liked Trinity or not, but this certainly has soured my goodwill towards them." Chinatsu adds, upset.

"Meh, I can't say I hold it against any of 'em." I say.

"What?! How can you say something like that?!" Yuuka shouts, enraged. "Two of their leaders tried to use Schale and you for their own gain! Not to mention threatening to expel four mostly innocent girls and starting a coup!"

"Because of the circumstances." I interrupt, calmly. "Mika's naivete caused to her reach out to Arius, only to be tricked and go down a spiral of depression, seeing herself as the villain. Nagisa was overwhelmed by her paranoia and concern for her friend, and Azusa... she just wanted to be happy."