Chapter 67 - A Student's Heart IV: Shiroko

...

I step outside onto the balcony attached to my room in Schale, cup of coffee in hand as the cool, morning air flows through my hair. That onsen was certainly nice, but this right here? This is enough to relax me.

I sit on a chair, turning one of my legs so that the side of my ankle is resting on my other knee. I sit my cup of coffee to the side while I open my phone to check the news.

Tensions are high and ever-growing around the Eden Treaty. Gehenna's still 'hesitating' to sign it. I still haven't met their Student Council President, have I? Even with Trinity, I've only met Mika and that was a while ago. Though Suzumi mentioned something happened to Seia, another one of the Trinity presidents, a while back. I do hope she's alright.

Come to think of it, aside from Mika and Hoshino, I haven't met any of the Council Presidents in Kivotos at all.

Haven't met Nagisa and Seia of Trinity, Himari's very outspoken about how much Rio annoys her and she did that whole cloak-and-dagger bullshit when I helped the gamer girls so I'm a bit wary of meeting her, no idea who runs Hyakkiyako or Shanhaijing, same with Gehenna.

Not to mention that I CERTAINLY haven't met the General Student Council President, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

...Huh. A bank got robbed this morning around here in the Shiratori Ward of the DU District. Students of the Valkyrie Police Academy are after them currently. Who the hell robs a bank at 7 a.m.? Too early for this shit.

As I take a sip of my coffee, my phone dings and a notification pops up. Another text via Momo Talk?

Speaking of Momo Talk, I finally got around to messing with the app and saw something interesting. This whole time, I thought it was just a chat app, but it's also kinda like social media with having followers and stuff.

On Momo Talk, I have the most followers of anyone in Kivotos.

ANYONE.

What the hell?

Shrugging that aside, I check the text from... Shiroko?

Sensei, do you own a bicycle?

Yeah, I bought one a while back when I had some free time. It certainly isn't as nice as yours, but it's nice.

I haven't had the chance to ride it, though.

Good.

I mean...

I was going to ask if you wanted to ride with me this afternoon. I was going to let you use my old one, but...

I'd like that.

I've got some work to catch up on, but I'll come meet ya at Abydos this afternoon. That okay with you?

Yes.

I'll see you then.

Well, I've got plans. But before that...

"Ugh, work..." I groan.

—————

Unfortunately, I found myself out of eggs for breakfast and had to run to the store before getting to work.

Upon coming back, I found my route now blocked off by police, or rather students dressed as police. Valkyrie students? Just about all of them have silver hair done in low pigtails, their bangs covering their eyes. They also wear black, blue and white uniforms with skirts, and carry black and white shotguns, which seems similar to Hoshino's. Some also carry round, see-through shields with 'K.S.P.D' on them.