Chapter 31 - Down Time X

...

A day or two after helping Cherino reclaim Red Winter, I was doing my work, as usual, when Kayoko texted me.

Is there any particular genre of music you prefer?

Rock and metal have always been my favorites, but I'm sometimes listen to classical stuff.

I see. Those are good choices.

What kinda music do you like?

Well... I like normal stuff, so I think our tastes are probably the same.

As I sit my phone back down, I recieve another text, this time from Shizuko.

"...What the fuck is this?" I ask myself as I see the slew of texts she just sent me.

Momoyodou Pavilion x Kivotos Strawberry Heaven campaign begins!

Strawberry rice cakes! Strawberry pastries! Strawberry yatsuhashi! And strawberry anmitsu!

Taste Momoyodou's traditional strawberry-filled desserts from all around Kivotos!

One week from today! Come feast at the Strawberry Festival!

Show this text message for 10% off!

We'll be waiting for you at Momoyodou! Nyan!

...What the fuck? Really, Shizuko?

I thought I had spam blocked.

It's not spam, Sensei! There's an event at Momoyodou!

I'm going to give you the best treat ever!

Can you please come to see me?

I... think I'm free, so I'll swing by later.

Heehee. Yay! I'll be waiting!

Chuckling to myself, I get up and make my way to the Hyakkiyako district.

—————

"Oh, Sensei!" Shizuko cutely greets me as I enter the tea shop, Momoyodou. The place is surprisingly full, most booths and seats are filled, likely due to the strawberry even which started today, unlike what her text said. "Oops, I mean... Welcome, Master!'

"Uh, yeah... I'm here, like I said." I say, a bit awkward from the sudden maid persona.

"You look surprised. It's a shop tradition to refer to our customers as Master." She explains. "Why not order something off the menu? I recommend the strawberry anmitsu. But all of our other traditional desserts are just as good."

"I'm fine with the first one, I haven't had anmitsu in a long while." I say, as I sit down in a booth.

"Okay! Coming right up!" She says, before dashing to the kitchen.

Soon, she returns, bringing food to a neaby customer. "Here's the strawberry red bean bun set you ordered!"

"How do you recommend eating it, Shizuko?" Said customer asks.

"Oh! I know a special trick!" She says, excitedly. "If you take a sip of the tea along with a bite of the red bean bun, the tea's bitterness and the red bean's sweetness make a fantastic combination!" She finishes with a cute giggle.

"Wh-Whoa! Shizuko is so cute!" The customer says.

"Here's the strawberry rice cake set you ordered!" She says, bringing food to another person.

"Huh? This isn't what I ordered." The person says. "You're right that I ordered rice cakes, but this is yatsuhashi."

"Huh? Oh! I-I'm so sorry, Master!" Shizuko says, shakily, before looking apologetic. "I must have made a mistake. I'll have it out in a minute!"