Chapter 49 - GameDev Arc: Epilogue

...

A few days later, I return to the Game Development Department club room to watch the Millennium Prize award ceremony on tv with the four gamer girls.

I was supposed to rest for a few days, but ended up taking a trip to Red Winter yesterday for the Ivan Kupala, seeing as how it was the summer solstice.

...I really hope Cherino keeps her promises to those girls.

Regardless of that, I knock on the Game Dev club room door.

"Sensei!" Momoi says happily, opening the door to greet me.

"Took you long enough, the ceremony's about to start." Midori says, as I walk inside.

"Well, I made it, despite your directions." I say, with a joking smile.

As Momoi scuffles off to somewhere, I see the other three girls crack a smile at my joke, despite their tense nerves. All of them are sat around the tv, their eyes full of anticipation and worry.

"Aris! Aris! Check it out!" The pink twin says, happily, holding a piece of clothing out for Aris to look at. "Ta-da! It's a maid costume!"

"Eek!" Aris squeaks in fright, scurrying to the other side of the room.

"Hehe! This is so fun!" Momoi says with a smile.

"Oi. No bullying, Momoi." I say, seriously, before turning to the frightened robot girl. "You okay, Aris?"

"Um... Please keep anything wearing a maid outfit away from Aris from now on, please." Aris says, still shaken.

"Did Neru scare ya that bad?" I ask, a bit worried for the poor girl.

Aris quickly nods her head in affirmation.

"Well, she seems to be doing better." Midori says, sighing.

After my talk with Neru, I reunited with the girls in the infirmary to tell check on them and tell them to take a few days off. I haven't seen them since, so Aris being this skittish around maids is a bit surprising.

"I went to the Student Council earlier to discuss the building we destroyed." Yuzu says. "Thankfully, they deemed it a product of a 'sanctioned club accident'."

"You mean the one Neru destroyed, right?" I ask, with a knowing smile. The four girls look at me, confused. "After all, she's the one that started that fight."

"Hey, you're right!" Momoi says, agreeing with me. "Still, I thought we'd get expelled for that."

"I think C&C smoothed it over for us." The redhead says. "I saw Neru there and she told me 'See you soon'."

"How ominous." I point out.

"Eek!" Aris squeaks in fright again, before bolting into Yuzu's cabinet and shutting the door.

"Aris! Get out of the cabinet!" The green twin shouts. "What have you been teaching her, Yuzu?"

"Aris, you kicked her butt, remember? So, stop bein' so scared of Neru. If she tries to hurt ya, I'll kick her ass." I say.

The cabinet door opens slightly, as Aris peeks her head out. "As you sure? Can you beat the short maid?"

"I'm the 'Legendary Warrior', remember?" I ask, with a smile, causing Aris' face to brighten into a smile once more. "There's the smile." I say.

"Well, this is good news and all, but..." The green twin says.

"Right..." Yuzu mutters, before the tv changes. "The Millennium Prize has begun."