Chapter 30 - Ivan Kupala Event: Epilogue

...

Soon, our army of sorts arrives at the secretariat building. As we get close, however, the State Guards come out from the building. There's at least a few dozen of them.

Feels like I'm in the Avengers or somethin'.
"All right then, people!" I shout through Minori's bright orange megaphone, turning to our army. "You all have, for one reason or another, come here to help us take back this place. Our only obstacle are the State Guards. Nothing more, nothing less. Once we get past them, all that will remain is Marina. We have the numbers advantage. So without further hesitation, LET'S RAID 'EMMMM!" I finish with a shout, as the complete group cheers and rushes forward.

Smiling, I hand the megaphone back to Minori, who smiles back.

The Labor Party, Spec Ops and Knowledge Liberation Front girls rush the guards, easily plowing them down, and without guns at that.
Cherino, Tomoe and I follow the massive group and enter the building. The State Guards are left knocked out at the front steps.

"That was it...? That's all it took to defeat the State Guards? A group of people?" Cherino asks, in disbelief.

"Respect the power of the group, Cherino." I advise, before entering the building.

As we reach the office, we see an unconscious Marina, being held by multiple people, her guards also knocked out.

"Lock her in her room and bring her here when she wakes up." The short girl orders the remaining awake State Guards to the side.

"...Yes... Madam President." They say, reluctantly, before grabbing Marina and trotting off with her.

"That's it...?" I ask, stupified. "That's all it took to beat her...?"

"It seems that way, yes." Tomoe says.

Seriously, all that build-up for a big, climactic battle... and they just knocked her out in a minute...?

...

...

I feel like I'm not the only one being blue-balled here...

—————

The next day, everything in Red Winter returned to a sense of normalcy.

I stepped inside the office to find the white haired military loli and the busty purple haired secretary there waiting for me. "There you are, Comrade!" The shorter girl says.

"Well, ya called me here after all." I say, spreading my arms with a sort of shrug. "Marina awake yet?"

"Yes, she awoke not long ago. The Labor Party gave her a rather thorough beating." Tomoe explains. "She should be on her way here now."

"Well, at least she's unhurt enough to speak." I say.

"Yes, yes, that's great." Cherino waves our conversation off. "But did the two of you see how brilliantly I led everyone to victory?" She says, proud as usual.

"Of course. You performed exceptionally, President Cherino!" The taller girl praises. "I'm sure tales of you rallying students of different walks of life to defeat the vile usurpers will live on in the hearts of Red Winter students for years to come. How about we hire a painter to capture this moment of valor so the next generation can experience it for themselves?"

"Hmm, an excellent idea, Chief Secretary Tomoe! Go ahead and get on that!" Cherino says.

"But didn't I lead them...? All you did was kick a few State Guards who were knocked out while shouting as we walked to the office..." I say.

"That was merely your impression, Comrade!" Cherino denies with wide eyes and a nervous face and voice. "Those were valiant battle cries to swell the students' morale!"