Chapter 54 - Down Time XV

...

In the morning, I complete my usual workout by pressing a button on my phone, turning off my music, the volume having been cranked way up as usual.

"Geez, I still can't get over how strong you are, Sensei!" Arona praises from a nearby screen. "Pretty much everyone else in Kivotos would keel over doing that much exercise."

"Yeah well..." I start, wiping my brow with a towel. "I'm used to it, I suppose." I say, smiling, before my phone dings with a text.

"A text? Who's it from?" My AI pal inquires.

"Aru." I say, blinking. "Haven't heard from her in a while." I think out loud, before reading the text.

Sensei, did you hear?

There's a movie showing that people already say is a legendary masterpiece.

If you have time, why don't we go see it together?

A movie, huh?

Though, I suppose I COULD stand to tease her a bit.

Oho? You asking me out, Aru?

Wh-What are you talking about, Sensei?!

S-Stop kidding around!

Fine, fine. I'll meet you at the movie theater later.

I find myself chuckling at her reactions.

"So? What did she say?" Arona asks.

"She asked if I wanted to see a movie with her." I answer, pocketing my phone.

"Oh! Is it gonna be a date?" Arona asks.

"If she wants it to be." I answer, chuckling. "But before that, I'mma hop in the shower."

—————

After hopping out of the shower, I got another two texts. One from Chinatsu. What a pleasant surprise.

The other is from Utaha, likely about our job.

Hello, Sensei. This is Chinatsu.

Do you have some free time? I have a favor to ask of you.

I've got plans for this afternoon, but nothing this morning.

What can I help ya with?

It's not that big of a deal. It's for work, Sensei, just a lot of paperwork.

But it's a bit too much for me... I just could really use an extra hand.

Consider me there already.

Okay.

...Huh?

Right now?

Might as well get it done, right? I'll be there soon.

As for the text from Utaha...

Sensei, our project is done.

Damn, you girls are fast!

I'll admit, it was a bit of a challenge, but you gave us more than enough funds for the project.

I think I'll swing by tomorrow morning and pick it up.

That's fine. Though we're done, we should run a few tests to make sure everything is in order.

We'll be waiting for you tomorrow, Sensei.

Phew, that's a weight off of my shoulders. Regardless of that, it's time to run over to Gehenna.