Chapter 97 - Down Time XXVI

...

The days in Kivotos passed fairly normally... Well, as far as what passes as normal in Kivotos, anyway. I kept on doing my work, as well as working on my secret weapon when I have the time.

It's all comin' together, alright. Gonna hafta start making some bullets for it soon.

The trio of former Asamiya Gunfighter's Academy students are still helping out Schale, both in and out of the building. Commissions are much easier when I don't have to do them every single time. Wakamo's still been a big help as well, still lovingly calling me 'Anata-sama' and all that.

To be honest, I'm still riding off the joy that Azusa inflicted me with the other day. She REALLY loves Momo Friends stuff, maybe more than Hifumi... Maybe not, actually.

ding

I pause working on my weapon as I hear my phone ding, taking off my gloves and mask while sitting down the welding tool. Oh, it's from Tomoe. Haven't heard from her in a while.

...Oh, I got a few a little while ago too. I oughta text 'em back. Tomoe's first.

Hello, Sensei.

If it's not too much trouble, could you spare some time in the afternoon?

Probably. What do ya need?

I have to visit the shopping district near Schale to buy things for the Red Winter Office's work, but...

It's been a while since I left the Red Winter district, and so I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not used to the roads around there.

If it's okay, I was hoping you could accompany me.

Sure, I've got time.

Thank you, Sensei.

Then I'll see you in front of the shopping district after lunch.

I'll be there.

Well that's a nice surprise... And another with a text from Nodoka.

Did you hear the news, Sensei? There's gonna be a meteor shower! A meteor shower!

Oh yeah? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. I think I was a kid that time.

All the more reason to be excited!

I read the paper and they said the Leo meteor shower will happen on the next full moon.

...The full moon that's tonight?

Yes!

The best part is that we'll be able to see it from the Red Winter district!

We couldn't see the last one from here, so I was really disappointed. I bet it's beautiful when you see it in person.

The last one certainly left an impression on me.

Eee! I'm excited already!

Hmm. I wonder if I'll be able to see it from here. Schale is rather tall, after all. Surely Rin would let me go to the GSC's roof if need be. That aside, the next text is from Michiru.

Domo, Sensei. I am Michiru.

...What's with the formality?

This is just how ninja nerds like us traditionally greet each other.