Chapter 84 - A Student's Heart VII: Mutsuki

...

After waking up sandwiched between my two new girlfriends, I decided to make them some breakfast, doing so after squeezing myself out of the twins' tight and loving grasp. Arona made sure to pop out and eat as well. To my surprise, all of the Game Development Department loved my food about as much as Arona does, to my joy. I oughta start cooking for more people.

I opted to leave the four girls to their own devices, nodding them farewell after we ate and spoke for a bit. Momoi and Midori were still quite embarrassed about the dating thing, so they opted to keep it a secret from Yuzu and Aris. Arona, on the other hand, can notice these things pretty easily. She's very observant, from what I've found, more so than one would notice at first.

While leaving Millennium, I was surprised by a text from Fuuka.

I have a favor to ask, Sensei. Do you have time today?

Yeah. Of course.

Yay!

I'll wait for you at the student dining hall at Gehenna.

I'll be there.

Well, looks like I have new plans. Off to Gehenna then!

—————

Going to Gehenna, and after asking a random student for directions, I arrived at the dining hall. It was a massive room that reminded me of lunch back when I went to school. Fuuka was near the kitchen area, looking up as I approached, before smiling upon recognizing me.

"Oh, Sensei. Y-You came after all!" The lunch girl says.

"I told ya I was comin'." I say. "Still, what's up?"

"I-I was planning on going grocery shopping today." She explains. "...and I think there's going to be too much for me to carry. I hate having to rely on a teacher for something so minor, but-"

"Fuuka, it's fine." I say, raising a hand to placate for worries. "I'd be glad to help you. 'Sides, I'm pretty strong, y'know."

She giggles, a small blush on her face. "Thanks, Sensei. All right, let's get to shopping. I have a long grocery list to go through."

With a nod, I follow Fuuka out of Gehenna Academy and towards the shopping area of the district.

—————

I followed Fuuka to a massive supermarket, which- from what she told me- was the biggest one in Gehenna and one of the biggest in the city. I sure was bigger than some places I've been in, like that big-ass Walmart we had back home. Fuuka and I ended up filling up a couple of shopping carts. I pushed two at the same time.

"Supermarkets always manage to get me excited." Fuuka exclaims. "Er, that's not strange, is it?" She asks, cautiously.

"Meh." I shrug. "To each their own. I ain't in a place to judge others. It just means you like these kinds of places."

"I suppose I do..." She says, thoughtful. "There's just something about a cool breeze coming down aisles of fresh food that makes my heart race. All the colorful fruits and vegetables on display are so captivating. It's like a treasure trove for chefs!" She pauses, a bit wary. "That's how everyone feels, isn't it?"

"Nah. Though I'm sure you're not alone in that opinion." I say, hoping to reassure her.

Fuuka opens her mouth to speak, before pausing, her eyes catching something. "Oh!" She says, running to some vegetables. "Look, Sensei! This cucumber still has its spines intact." She says, picking one up to examine it closer. "I can tell this one is good because it's firm and the tip is still moist." She then puts it down and happily runs over to some watermelon. "Oh! This watermelon is a winner too! Just listen to the sound it makes when I tap it."