Chapter 62 - Down Time XVIII

...

The day after napping the afternoon away with Hoshino, I finished some paperwork I started earlier. Some of this pile was started a week ago.

Sighing, I resign myself to my fate of bringing this crap to the Sanctum Tower to give to Rin.
Stepping inside, I'm blasted by the cool air-conditioned air as I enter the Sanctum Tower's entrance hall. Thankfully, Rin was in the room, speaking to someone else, another girl. Clearly employed by the GSC, judging by her uniform.

The unknown girl has long, wavy blonde hair and green eyes with a blue crystal on her forehead. She wears a white and blue uniform dress which hugs her shapely frame quite well. The dress ends at her ankles, but splits near her knee on one side, allowing movement. Over her dress is a similarly colored 'jacket' which covers her arms and upper back. She has on white gloves and high heels and has black wings protruding from her lower back. Her halo is comprised of two, golden rings which are split in two. Each halo has a sort of 'star trail' on it, making it look like the half-circles are chasing one another endlessly.

Rin's blue eyes move to the side as I approach. Does she have good hearing, or spatial awareness? "Ah, Sensei. What brings you here?" She asks.

"This." I say, lifting the stack of papers a bit to point them out.

"Ugh, another stack." The tired stand-in president groans. "Well, at least they're done. Ayumu, could you?"

The blonde girl, Ayumu, has been staring at me since our conversation began, but seems to snap out of it with Rin addressing her. "O-On it, Ma'am!" She says with an airy voice.

Ayumu then, with surprising ease, takes the large stack of papers from me, the stack shifting a bit from her large chest. "We haven't met before, have we, Sensei?" She asks.

"I don't think we have. Joshua Birkin, Sensei of Schale." I introduce with a smile.

"I'm Iwabitsu Ayumu, Madam Rin's assistant and the director of the Arbitration Office." She introduces.

"You do both of that? And I thought I was busy." I joke. Thankfully, it lands as Ayumu giggles softly.

Rin clears her throat, causing the blonde to freeze. "Ayumu, please deliver these to my office."

"Yes, ma'am!" Ayumu dutifully says, leaving the room.

"Though it was unnecessary, thank you for bringing these all this way, Sensei." Rin adds, a small smile gracing her features.

"Eh, no problem. I haven't been by here in a while, anyway." I shrug, before pausing, noticing the bags under her blue eyes. "Been pullin' all-nighters?"

Rin merely sighs. "Unfortunately."

"Even if you're getting busy, you need to pace yourself, Rin." I say, a tone of finality to my words.

"I am aware of that, Sensei." She retorts, adjusting her glasses, the light reflecting off them to give her a menacing look. "But my duties take precedence."

"No, your health takes precedence. There aren't many people who could do your job if ya get sick." I say, seriously, before cracking a smile. "Besides, those eye bags are killin' ya, Rinny."

Rin freezes at my address of her. For a moment, I think she's pissed, but anger doesn't appear on her face, just a strange, nostalgic look, before it disappears as she lets out yet another sigh. "...Very well. I suppose it would be awful if I set a bad example for my peers. I'll take it a bit easier, Sensei."

"That's all I ask." I smile, happy she ain't gonna work herself to the bone as much. "Well, good luck with all that stuff, Rin."

"You as well, Sensei." She says, as we part ways.