Chapter 80 - Confession and Assault

...

"Tomorrow's the big day." Hifumi says, sounding exhausted as she sits on her bed, the sun outside beginning to set.

"That it is." Hanako says, concerned.

Azusa nods in agreement.

"They aren't going to change the time and place again at the last second, are they?" Koharu asks, trembling.

"Nothing on the notice board has been changed yet." Arona explains. "I've been keeping a close eye on it all week, and nothing. It's still the same time and place, but the stipulation of scoring a ninety or higher remains. Trinity Building Nineteen, Classroom Thirty-Two."

"That's on the district outskirts, but not unreasonably far away." The busty girl notes. "The exam begins exactly at nine AM- exactly as scheduled. The only strange thing I've noticed this week is how quiet the main campus has been. I haven't seen but a few- if any- students around at all."

"I noticed that when I got y'all ice cream." I add. It has me very worried.

"Don't worry Hanako, I'll keep keeping an eye one the board!" Arona declares.

"Isn't that tough for you?" Hifumi asks, worried.

"Don't worry, Super Arona can handle anything!" The tiny AI declares, earning a smile from us all.

"Thanks, Arona." Hanako says, grateful.

"I'm really proud of y'all." I smile. "You've been working your asses off for weeks now, and it's almost time for that hard work to finally pay off."

"Scoring a ninety or higher on any test can be hard, but maybe- just maybe- if all the questions seem familiar, then..." The blonde says.

"That's just wishful thinking! I'm gonna cram all night this time!" Koharu declares. "They can't fail me if I score one-hundred points! Just watch!"

"No. You need to rest your body as well as your mind, Koharu. Get some rest." I lightly order.

"Sensei's right. We all know how hard you've been working. Don't let it all go to waste by being too tired to focus tomorrow." Hanako says.

"True. Your body need to be just as prepared as your mind." Azusa nods in agreement.

"That goes for you too, Azusa." I say, causing the silverette to stiffen.

"I know. I'll be well-rested- for tonight at least." Azusa confirms.

"Good." I smile.

"It all comes down to tomorrow." Hifumi says.

"I... No, let's leave it at that. I promise to pass tomorrow." Azusa declares.

"Me too! I'm not going down like this!" The tiny pinkette adds.

"It's strange." The blonde says, wistful. "I was feeling kinda down about our chances... but you two are right- I should be more optimistic."

"You should. Everyone's done the best they can do." The busty girl agrees.

"The situation is dire, but when has an exam ever been easy?" I point out. "Even regular exams always cause tension. Just have faith in yourselves- like I have in you- and you'll all pass no problem."

"Sensei's right! You four have got this!" Arona chirps.

"Yes." Hifumi says.

"Right." Hanako adds.

Azusa nods, as does Koharu- albeit a bit more shakily.

And so, we went to bed.

Though, Arona- watching the building's cameras that I never got rid of- and Hanako saw Azusa leave in the dead of night.