Chapter 90 - A Request: Prefect Team

...

Walking through Gehenna, I made by way to the Prefect Team HQ, as per Ako's undetailed request. Honestly, something is up with that girl. Upon reaching the building, I saw a familiar face also going to enter.

"Oh, Kayoko."

Red eyes blink in surprise. "Sensei. What are you doing here?"

"Ako called me here for... something." I say, still confused on that front.

"Why does it sound like you're asking me?" The punk girl smiles slightly.

"Look." I say, showing her my phone.

After a quick read, Kayoko sighs deeply. "She never changes."

I smile as I pocket my phone. "I sense history in that sigh."

Kayoko's brows furrow a bit. "Yeah..."

"Don't worry, I won't pry." I say, raising my hands in surrender. "Anyway, what're you doing here?"

"Actually, I was coming to see Ako. I have a... promise of sorts to fulfill." She says, vaguely. "It's a bit silly, but I wanted to finish this."

I nod, practically feeling the importance in her voice. "Then c'mon, we'll see her together."

The monochrome girl smiles and nods, following me inside.

—————

A bit later, we come to a big hallway in the Prefect Team's HQ. Upon coming through the door, Ako grabs my arm and drags me towards Iori and Chinatsu, who both look as confused as I feel.

"It's Sensei from Schale!" Ako says. "We'll be counting on your help, Sensei."

"Ako, what the fuck are you talking about?" I ask.

"Hello, Sensei." Chinatsu smiles, blushing a bit.

"Heya, Chinatsu." I smile back.

"W-Wait. Why is Sensei here?" Iori asks.

"Yeah, why IS Sensei here?" I ask the bluette.

"I already explained it to you, Sensei." Ako says, sure of herself.

"You just said to come here and that you had something important to tell me." I deadpan. "I didn't think you were this scatterbrained, Ako."

"I am not scatterbrained." Ako denies.

"You didn't even notice me."

"Of course I noticed you, Kayo- KAYOKO?!" Ako practically shrieks upon noticing the punk girl.

Kayoko shoots her... friend(?) a smug smirk.

"Oh, geez. As though this couldn't get any worse." Ako sighs.

"It'll be a lot worse if you don't explain why I'm here." I threaten.

"Very well..." The secretary sighs. "Simply put the Prefect Team's training camp. My original plans for it was some light tactical training, however the Pandemonium Society sent us a request to submit the details on the camp."

"Why's that a problem?" I ask.

"Last year, they tried to send us to the foot of the Hinnom Volcano." Chinatsu deadpans. That volcano, huh?

"So you want me to help you fuck with them?" I ask.

"Not... exactly... but I like your thinking, Sensei." Ako smirks, earning a tired sigh from the other three girls. "Instead, I wish to use this as an excuse to give the Head Prefect a vacation."

"That's not a bad idea. Lord knows Hina deserves one more than just about anyone in the city." I smile.

"What brought this on, Ako?" Kayoko pipes up. "This doesn't seem like your usual m.o."