Chapter 45 - The Mirror Heist (Part 1)

...

"First, let me detail our target, the Student Council's contraband storage. The current location of the Mirror." The white haired hacker begins to explain. "Seminar, Millennium's Student Council, are a naturally suspicious bunch, and the topmost floor of the Millennium Tower is dedicated to their exclusive use. The contraband storage is on the west side of that topmost floor."

"Between our location and the storage room are about four-hundred cameras and a little more than fifty security robots." Maki adds. "Some of said robots were confiscated from shady organizations."

"Four-hundred and forty-two cameras and fifty-two robots of three kinds, to be precise." Utaha interjects. "It was the Engineering Club that helped implement their security system, you see."

"Whoa..." Momoi mutters.

"So, I'm guessing you girls left a backdoor?" I guess.

"Correct." Hibiki says with a nod.

"The biggest issue is that you have to take an elevator to get to the contraband storage." Hare continues. "And this elevator can only be accessed by personnel with fingerprint authorization. Even if you were to bypass the elevator, you're bound to run into members of the Student Council and armed security guards. And most importantly, these areas exclusive to the Student Council are all sectionable."

"What does that mean?" Midori asks.

"Let's say that smoke is detected in one of the rooms. That triggers a shutter that sections off the room from the rest." Hare explains.

"Meaning, if we run into the Maid Club, we can separate them." I add.

"Indeed." Hare says with a nod, as the Game Development girls' eyes sparkle in understanding. "Once a shutter drops, it can only be disabled by a Student Council member's fingerprint."

"What happens if someone else uses them?" Yuzu pipes up.

"A titanium-enforced shutter also drops. Disabling both then requires a valid simultaneous Student Council fingerprint and retina scan." The white haired hacker says.

"Ugh. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all this." The green twin complains. "Let me get this straight. The only way to move between floors is an elevator. The area upstairs is equipped with fingerprint-based security devices, which, when triggered, activate heavy shutters that section off the area. Furthermore, failing to get through the security triggers and even more powerful shutter."

"Don't forget about the armed guards and security cameras!" Maki adds.

"Surveillance cameras can be hacked." Utaha begins. "However, these security shutters are impossible to tamper with, even for Veritas. Their only connection is an isolated, internal network."

"We've also just learned that trying to brute force the elevator will seal off the entire floor." Hare adds.

"GAH! This is nothing but terrible news! Where's the good news?!" The pink twin roars.

"Well, there IS our backdoor." Hibiki says.

"How's it help?" I ask.

"For starters, the system is vulnerable to external power failures." The dog girl explains. "When power is lost, it automatically connects to an external network, opening a short window for the system to be hacked. Using our nano-EMP, we can send Millennium back to the Stone Age for about six seconds."

"Only six? Damn." I curse. Six seconds is next to nothing.

"Six seconds..." Hare mutters, before growing quiet in thought. "It's enough time." She says, confidently.