Chapter 86 - Wakamo's Feast: Epilogue

...

With that taken care of, Sena, Mio, Agura, Hiku and I all went back to our patrol, which was INFINITELY easier with Wakamo out of the picture.

Unfortunately, an explosion detonates nearby. Looking at the source, I see a small office building begin to collapse towards us.

"MOVE!" I shout as I dash away from the building. With a loud crash, the thing hits the ground, kicking up dirt and debris.

"Your four okay?!" I shout.

"We're fine!" Mio shouts back, on the other side.

"What about you?!" Hiku shouts.

I look around and see the building has cut off either of us from reaching the other.

"I'm fine! Dammit, there's no way around." I growl.

"What should we do?" Agura asks.

"Go and get Wakamo! She's likely nearby!" I shout.

"But-"

"No, I'll be fine!" I cut off Mio. "Go and get her before someone else gets hurt!"

"O-Okay!" Mio relents.

"Dammit..." I hear Agura curse. "Stay safe, Sensei!"

"You too!" I shout, before hearing them run off. Fuck it, if Wakamo wants me, she can have me. My anger recedes as my phone rings. Oh, it's Chihiro this time.

"Sensei?! Are you okay?! You haven't been hurt, have you?!" She asks, frantic.

"Had to dodge a building, but no scratches. Why?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"Wait. Are you alone?" She asks, looking around.

"Yeah. When the building fell, I was the only one who went this way. Plus, the damn thing blocked any way around." I explain. "I told them to go and get Wakamo before anyone else gets hurt."

"Sensei, it's a trap!" The hacker shouts.

"I figured as much." I say, simply.

"No, not the building, she's planned this all from the very beginning. She was causing those incidents to draw every law enforcement agency's focus on her." She explains.

"Hoh? A better plan than I expected." I compliment. So those weren't just random acts of destruction.

"There's no time to explain." Chihiro says. "I need you to stay calm and follow my instructions." I raise an eyebrow. "I just hacked into a system near you. I can use the traffic lights and cameras to lead you to safety. Th... can... lay..." The feed begins to stutter as the hologram of Chihiro also fizzles. "Come... sei...!" Then, the call forcefully ends.

"Welp." I say, popping the p as I casually pocket my phone. "I suppose it doesn't matter."

"Chihiro's probably gonna be super worried." Arona says from the tablet in my pocket.

"Yeah. Well, that's on Himari for not telling her what I can do." I shrug and begin walking down the quiet street, sounds of fighting out in the distance. "Oh well. If she wants me, she can come get me."

Arona sighs. "Honestly, Sensei..." I can almost hear her shaking her head.

"Speaking of..." I trail off, feeling someone nearby.

"Hehehehehe~" Sure enough, I hear Wakamo's giggle. "I finally found you~" She purrs.

I turn around calmly and face the Fox of Calamity, her gun held lazily in one hand. "I set up a jamming device so that no one can interrupt us." She purrs. I can almost hear the heart at the end of her words. Huh... her voice is actually kinda pretty, now that I focus on it. "Stealing Valkyrie's equipment on a whim turned out to be quite useful. Wouldn't you say so... Se~n~se~i~?" She asks, putting out my title.