Chapter 65 - Onsen Event: Epilogue

...

After spending the morning in the bath, Cherino, my three girlfriends, and I took turns playing table tennis.

That is, until Hoshino and I put in a bit too much effort.

I... may have ended up hitting the ball so hard it got stuck IN the wall and the paddle... may have broken in two.

After our display of strength and speed, we all stopped for lunch. Afterwards, Chinatsu decided to get back to work looking for the Hot Springs Department. Hoshino and Yuuka offered to help, to which Chinatsu reluctantly agreed after some coercing (mostly from Hoshino wanting to explore this district). Cherino wandered off soon after, and I was left all alone again.

That is, until Nodoka popped up.

"Oh, there you are, Sensei." The blonde girl says happily.

"Hey yourself. Been busy, huh?" I ask.

"Yes, quite a few people have been coming and going. But it's nothing I can't handle." Nodoka declares, rather determined. "Have you been enjoying the resort."

"Oh yeah. I'm glad Arona got me to go, I needed all this." I say, happily. "Seriously, I feel five years younger after those baths."

Nodoka giggles in response. Glad she found that crappy joke funny. "Well, have you seen our garden?"

"There's a garden here?" I ask, surprised.

"Of course. Our Hot Springs Resort Number Two-Two-Seven not only has excellent hot springs facilities, but also a wonderful garden for guests to stroll through." She explains, proudly. "Of course, it's pretty hard to maintain a green garden since it snows all year round here, so instead our resort has a dry garden made from the rocks and sand of the ruins of the former institute."

"That's... almost poetic, in a way." I observe. "Still, a dry garden was certainly a good idea." They are traditional, after all.

"I agree. When I look at the garden, I feel calm enough to believe the troubles of the world don't matter at all." She says, happily.

Ironically enough, we suddenly hear a large clamoring outside, chanting 'Denounce!' over and over again.

"The hell...?" I ask.

"A c-calm mind..." Nodoka says, strained.

'Be gone!' they begin to chant.

"Ugh!" Nodoka snaps. "Who is it now?! I was enjoying one-on-one time with Sensei!" She growls, stomping off towards the entrance. I quickly follow her as she continues to rant and rave. "I can't believe they're causing a ruckus in a resort meant for relaxation! Even if they're guests, I'll give them a piece of my mind!"

The both of us eventually reach the entrance to find that just outside is...

"Oh, goddammit." I groan.

Sure enough, the Labor Party is here, shouting with megaphones. What now?

Minori, their leader, shouts into her usual megaphone. "Be gone, Hot Springs Resort Number Two-Two-Seven that oppresses the rights of workers!"

"Be gone! Be gone!" A member echoes.

"Hot Springs Resort Number Two-Two-Seven needs to compensate for the Labor Party's losses!" Minori continues.

"Compensate! Compensate!" Another member echoes.

"I'm telling you, it's all a misunderstanding!" Shigure shouts back, trying to stop the protesters.

"W-What's with all this ruckus? Why's the Labor Party here?!" Nodoka shouts, catching everyone's attention.

"There's been some kind of misunderstanding." The mint haired girl groans.