Chapter 83 - A Student's Heart VI: Midori & Momoi

...

A few days after hanging out with Midori and Momoi separately, they both texted me in the morning via a group chat instead of the usual individual stuff. What a happy surprise.

Midori: Sensei!

Momoi: Sensei! Sensei!

What? What? What?

Momoi: There's a big event going on at Haru Habara!

...Does she mean Akihabara? Kivotos has got a rip-off of that too?

What kinda event?

Momoi: There's a stamp rally going on for the Ultra Marine Sisters' fortieth anniversary!

The hell is a stamp rally?

Midori: If you get all the stamps, you can get special items!

Momoi: We can't miss this!

Momoi: Okay, Sensei?

Hehehe. I'll be there.

Midori: Yes!

Momoi: Yay!

Chuckling, I get up and get ready to meet the twins at knock-off Akihabara before I noticed that I got another text, interestingly from Yuzu. Smiling at the strange coincidence, I open Yuzu's text.

What type of games do you like, Sensei?

I don't really have a go-to genre or anything, but I always played stuff on console. Never had a PC or anything.

I like almost all games.

Although, I don't really like online games where you have to work together with other people...

I don't like how you have to talk to people.

But I still like fighting games.

Fighting games? Really?

Yeah. You don't have to talk to anyone in order to play those games.

One of my favorite game devs is creating a new fighting game, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Heh, we may have to play sometime. I may be rusty though.

Hehe. That's fine.

Speaking for a bit longer, the two of us agreed to hang out for a while, still leaving time for the twins' event later this afternoon. I'm actually looking forward to that. Getting up, I begin to get ready for my trip to Millennium.

—————

Walking through Millennium's district, I catch something in the corner of my eye. It's Aris in a cafe, tapping away on a handheld console, eyes locked with the screen intently. Intrigued, I go inside. The girl is so focused that she doesn't even notice me approach.

"Yo, Aris." I say.

She jolts, her blue eyes widening as her mouth forms a happy smile. "Ah, Sensei! Good morning!"

"What're you doin'?" I ask.

"A friend recommended Aris this game and let her borrow the console." She explains. "This game has been popular with other students lately, but it is quite difficult. Aris does know know what to choose. It is forcing Aris to make such tough decisions..."

Looking at the screen, I ask, "It's a visual novel type thing, huh? What kinda questions are gettin' ya?"

She looks back at the screen and explains, "The main character is the second prince of the Chromati Kingdom. He is also known as Prince Chest Hair."