Chapter 66 - Down Time XIX

...

Despite my excursion to Red Winter being a vacation, it ended quickly due to the springs drying up, and so the next day I was back to paperwork hell.

Fuck this shit.

ding ding

OH THANK GOD!

Huh, it's always when I'm suffering though this shit that one of my students texts me to hang out. I wonder why.

Shaking that thought away, I read the first text from Aris.

Ba-ba-ba-bam! Bam bam!

I have levelled up! I am much stronger than before!

Oh yeah? Congrats.

I wonder if you can level up any more Sensei.

If I could, it'd probably take a million XP to just get half a level.

That makes sense. Sensei is the Legendary Warrior, so he must be at, or near max level.

But if you can level up, that means when I go on my next adventure, you have to join the party!

You going on one now?

Indeed. Would you like to join me?

Sure, why not? This paperwork's killing me.

Great. I will be waiting for you.

An adventure, huh? I wonder what we're gonna do this time...

Checking the second text, I find it's from Neru. Wonder what she's up to.

Akane... Can you... contact everyone for me?

I can't believe this, but... I think I caught a cold.

I think... I'm gonna be late.

You've got the wrong number, Neru.

I say that, but I still forward her text to Akane. Maybe I should go pay her a visit later. But for now, I oughta go see Aris.

—————

Sure enough, I soon found Aris once I neared our meeting place, a street corner in Millennium.

"There you are, Sensei!" Aris says, smiling her usual blindingly-bright smile as she runs up to me.

"Here I am!" I joke, smiling as I hold my arms out.

"Today is an excellent day to go on an adventure!" The android girl chirps. "Aris has unlocked many more features after levelling up."

"Oh? Like what?" I ask, curious.

"Item looting." She answers simply.

"Item wha?"

"Let Aris show you." She says, walking to a nearby trash can and-

bang

-proceeding to kick it, knocking it over.

"Aris?"

"Yes, Sensei?"

"Why... Why are you kicking a trash can?" I ask, slowly.

"You can usually get a lot of items by doing this." She explains.

"I-I guess you aren't wrong." I say, taken aback. "People do throw away a bunch of stuff."

"Yup. This is just like how it was in the RPG Aris just played, as well as the side-scrolling action game from a few days ago." The long haired girl explains, before looking down as something catches her eye from the knocked over bin. "Oh! Aris has found a recovery item in the pile of trash."