Chapter 44 - Heist Plans

...

After hanging around the Veritas hideout, Hare spoke up, having finished working with the data from the Game Girl SP.

"I've reached my conclusion about the data you delivered." Hare, the white haired hacker, says.

"It's finally time..." Midori says, with anticipation.

"Aris' heart is beating really fast." Aris says with glee.

"As you know, Veritas prides itself on being the best hacker ground in all of Kivotos. We're handed cases regarding system and data recovery on a daily basis. Of course, we've solved problems like yours countless times..." Hare explains. "Hm. I'm going to be frank with you."

Yuzu swallows in worry.

"Momoi. Your save files cannot be recovered." Hare says, causing us all to face-fault.

Momoi sulks in the corner at that news.

"...And the G.BIBLE...?" I ask, hesitant.

"Oh, that's what Maki's working on." Kotama says.

"And?" I ask.

"I finished my analysis." Maki says, not looking away from her screen. "All signs point to this being the real G.BIBLE, the manual written by the legendary game developer themself."

"Yes!" Midori cheers, as Yuzu and Aris break into a smile. Momoi, still sulking, smiles a bit too.

The redhead hacker turns in her chair to face us. "The file creation time, last sent time, file format, and the author all match the IP of the legendary game developer you mentioned, and above all, the data has been copied exactly once. This is the real deal." She finishes with a big, toothy grin.

"A-Amazing!" The green twin says in awe.

"Impressive. What about the password?" I compliment and ask.

"Sadly, we haven't been able to decrypt the password yet." Maki admits.

"Huh? You're killing me, Maki!" The pink twin whines.

"Sheesh, I may be a hacker, but this is some white-hat-level stuff we're dealing with." Maki says. "But, it's not like we're out of options."

""Oh?"" Momoi and I ask in unison, causing us both to look at one another in surprise for a moment.

Maki lets out a chuckle at this. "While it's basically impossible to brute force that password, we may be able to dupe it without the security file. And to do that, we're going to need a tool known as the Optimus Mirror System, or the Mirror for short."

"Th-This is all going way over my head..." Momoi whines.

"Mine too..." Yuzu admits, quietly.

"So, you need this Mirror thing to open the G.BIBLE? Where is it now?" Midori asks.

"Well, uh, we used to have it at Veritas..." Maki admits.

"And now?" I ask.

"Ugh. The freaking Student Council came in and took it away!" The redhead hacker rants. "That Yuuka stormed in here a few days ago, saying all sorts of stuff like it's 'disgraceful' that we had 'illegal equipment'. Sheesh, what a killjoy."

"Besides the Mirror, she also took my... wiretaps..." Kotama admits, sadly.

"How dangerous is this Mirror?" I ask, serious.

"It's just a simple tool optimized for cracking encrypted systems." Hare explains, after taking a sip of some sort of energy drink. "And... it's the only hacking tool in the world created by our club president."