Chapter 101 - Down Time XXVIII

...

The days leading up to the Eden Treaty passed. The uneasy feeling I felt in regards to that only grew stronger by the day, so I focused on making my secret weapon more and more. My gut's never led me wrong, so fuck it, I'll get this done in time.

I suppose I could ask for help, but... nah.

ding

Speaking of, on my phone is a text from Hibiki. Huh, I was just thinking about her club. What're the odds?

Everyone is surprised to learn this, but the Millennium Academy has a baseball team.

It seems that includes me too.

Heh. They're famous for playing data-driven baseball, which is based on their scientific training...

They might not be the strongest team, but I want to help them.

Oh? Gonna be their cheerleader or something?

I...

No, definitely not.

That was... odd of her. Does she have a cheerleader outfit or something? If so, I'm sure she'd look nice in it.

The only way I can help someone is through technology.

So, I have a favor to ask. Can you come by Millennium later, Sensei?

Sure. How about sometime this afternoon?

That's fine with me.

Well, that's something else to keep me busy, I guess.

Standing up and sitting my stuff down, I quickly wash the grease and such off my hands before walking upstairs. It's almost eleven, so that stuff I ordered should be here soon. To my surprise, I find Kotama standing in my office. She's looking around and seems really nervous.

"Plantin' more bugs, Kotama?" I ask, causing her to jolt violently. She's really on edge, why?

"O-Of course not." She denies.

"Are you... okay?" I ask, a touch concerned.

"I-I'm fine. I just didn't get enough sleep." The blonde admits.

"Gotta keep up on that. Sleep's more important than you think." I advise.

She nods. "Sensei, you look a little excited. Are you expecting something?"

What does she mean by that? Cautiously, I respond, "Yeah. Something I ordered is comin' here soon." She tenses. Goddammit, what is she up to now?

Kotama keeps fishing for answers, "Is this object...? Sensei... We need to talk."

Before I can question her, I hear a knock on the office door.

"Just a sec." I say, walking over.

"Sensei, wait. That package..." The blonde hacker tries to warn. I doubt it's a bomb, Kotama.

Rolling my eyes, I open the door. The robotic delivery guy hands me the package, which I sign off on. "Thanks for bringin' these parts all the way up here. I know they're pretty heavy." I say.

He shakes his head. "No problem at all."

As he leaves, I turn around to see a confused Kotama. "Parts? So that box isn't evidence of a bloody crime?"

"Kotama, you've got some weird ideas in your head, don'tcha?" I deadpan, causing her to look away awkwardly. How does she even know about- "Goddammit, you DID put more bugs in here, didn't you?"

Blue Archive - Story of Joshua Senseiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें