Part : 45

Pain reshapes every human but it is up to us whether we let ourselves reshape from the pain or let ourselves get lost in the pain.

And what Jungkook was seeing here is the part in which he was lost into. He didn’t know much about Taehyung ‘s relationship with his father. The pretty boy only knew that he wanted Taehyung to follow his Footsteps, but Taehyung wanted to follow his Passion.

This is kind of unexpected though.

“kim, stop drinking. You have to mourn.” jungkook said sternly. The only solution to this problem is to sober him up.

Taehyung took a swig of the alcohol and looked at jungkook as if he had grown two heads. “Mourn? For who? For the man who wanted to control my life? Pfft! No.”

Jungkook’s face dropped at his words and he pinched the bridge of his nose. “tae, just listen to me. Drinking is not going to lessen your pain. Trust me, speaking from experience. It will come back a lot stronger in the morning.”

“Pain?” the elder laughed. “I am not in any pain. I don’t feel anything! And I am perfectly fine with it.”

The pretty boy bit his inner cheeks to stop himself from screaming at the elder...

Strangely, this reminds him of the times where he used to come back to the penthouse, absolutely wasted and jimin would sober him up then he would silently walk back to his room and scream and cry at his losses.

The pretty boy took a step towards him. “tae, just hand me the bottle and let’s talk.”

“Nope” the elder slurred and gobbled some more alcohol. “All I ever wanted was his support which I never got and now I’ll Probably never get it! Haha!”

Jungkook’s heart ached to see him like this. He knows what’s happening here. Taehyung says that he feels nothing, but when the sun rises tomorrow, he’s going to be in pain. Physically and emotionally.

“tae, you shouldn’t say things like these. I know it hurts but please stop drinking and speaking ill of your father.”

The elder hiccupped. “Father?” Another hiccup. “Don’t tell me what to say and what not to say. Just go back to our room and sleep.”

The pretty boy gritted his teeth. “No! I am not going anywhere if you are in this state.”

The elder scoffed. “Oh yeah right! You won’t go anywhere because you’re pregnant with my child. YOU PROBABLY WOULDN’T HAVE COME HERE IF YOU HADN’T GOT MIRACULOUSLY PREGNANT!” He shouted furiously.

Jungkook’s heart dropped to his stomach and tears brimmed up in his eyes.

That’s it! He crossed a line and now jungkook will take things in his hand. He stomped his way to the refrigerator and took out two bottles of chilled water. He took off the cap and poured them on the Elder’s head. Taehyung’s eyes widened as he shivered violently and his teeth chattered. Jungkook threw away the bottles and slapped the elder. Taehyung’s face jerked right and he slowly touched his cheek. The pretty boy covered his mouth and sobbed.

“Do you have any idea what you are saying?” he cried and tapped Taehyung’s chest. With an accusing finger. “You didn’t call me, y-you didn’t text me then you come back home late and drunk. I know you’re hurt but you have no right to say things like these! Do you not know how much I got worried about you? Of course, you don’t because you are busy drinking away your sorrows instead of sharing them with me!”

Taehyung kept staring into space, breathing heavily.

“tae,” jungkook felt his voice getting heavy with emotions. “Drinking and saying hurtful things to others is not going to help you. I know it very well because I used to be like this for weeks. Just hand me the bottle and we’ll talk like proper adults.”