chapter 44

From the day they got married, Yin Moshang handed over the power of housekeeper of the palace to Shen Moli, and explained all the expenses and sources of income inside and outside the house one by one.

When Shen Moli gathered the power of the butler, he naturally encountered a little obstacle.

In the original book, the main reason why the regent lost so badly was that a confidant of the palace secretly took refuge in the little emperor, and this confidant who betrayed the master is now in charge of most of the property of the palace. The counselor personally selected for the regent, has been with Yin Moshang for more than ten years, and has won his trust.

The name of this person is Xiao Yicai, he is a half-century old man with white beard and hair. It is said that his literary talent is exceptionally outstanding, but his appearance is not good. If he was not appreciated by the late emperor, he would have starved to death on the street by now.

After the regent spoke, Xiao Yicai relied on being an old man, and reluctantly came to see the princess after three or four days. Although he was respectful and meticulous on the surface, his eyes revealed a trace of contempt, his hand The room was also empty, he bowed and said: "Subordinate Xiao Yicai, I'm paying my respects to the princess. I don't know if the princess called me here. What's the matter?"

Shen Moli sat on the main seat expressionlessly, leaning on the cushion , propping his chin with one hand, holding the scripture book in the other hand and reading it vigorously, as if he didn't notice that someone came in at all, just looking at the little scripture book in his hand without saying a word. As for a person like Xiao Yicai who betrayed his master, not to mention that he hasn't turned to the little emperor yet, just because of his disrespectful attitude, Shen Moli also wants to kill the other party's prestige, the palace has never lacked talents and outstanding talents Xiao Yicai is just relying on the fact that he is an old man in the palace, relying on the old to sell the old.

If everyone is like Xiao Yicai, who is arrogant and arrogant about his talents, and doesn't take his master seriously, what's the use of him?

Not to mention that this is a feudal society, even in modern times, no one in the Shen Group he belongs to dares to despise him like this, because those who dare to do so have already received their wages and left.

Xiao Yicai maintained the posture of bending over and clasping his hands, he didn't hear Shen Moli's words, and he didn't dare to get up, but he felt a little annoyed in his heart. Shen Moli is just an actor who leans on the door and sells his jokes, and seduces the prince by relying on his good looks. Such a lowly family background has soared into the sky. As the regent princess, I don't know how the prince was deceived. I thought the other party's appearance was amazing, but now it seems that it is only mediocre, much worse than those noble children he has seen.

Thinking about it, within three months, the prince will get tired of him, and the other party will not be able to give birth to an heir for the prince, and I am afraid that he will not even be able to keep the position of princess.

Xiao Yicai lowered his head and thought about it, a smile slowly formed on the corner of his mouth, he felt that he had seen the day when Shen Moli was kicked out of the palace and lived on the street.

However, this was just a fantasy. When he came back to his senses, Xiao Yi realized that his legs were numb, so he had no choice but to suppress his anger, straightened up and looked at the other party blatantly, pretending to be calm and asked: "The princess called me here but didn't you?" Say something, leave me alone, I wonder what my subordinates did wrong?"

Shen Moli threw the storybook aside, sat upright, still propped his chin, raised his eyebrows and said: "What did you do wrong? Don't you yourself? Do you know?

Xiao Yicai said in a deep voice: "The subordinates don't know, please tell me clearly, Wangfei! "

Shen Moli said: "Mr. Xiao has worked for the palace for many years. Now that he is old and frail, he may not be able to do the work of the palace. I want to move Mr. Xiao out of the palace and choose another house for him to retire to. I don't know what to do with Mr. "

Xiao Yicai's eyes widened with anger, he almost cursed, he gritted his teeth and said: "I was ordered by the late emperor to assist the prince, you have no right to decide whether I will go or stay, if you want me to leave the palace, the prince must speak personally, and please respect yourself. "

Shen Moli nodded in agreement, and said: "Mr. is right. Although I proposed your stay or stay, it was also agreed by the prince himself. If you don't believe it, you can go to the prince to ask clearly. "

Xiao Yicai's heart was shocked, he took a few steps back, he didn't dare to answer: "Why did the prince drive me out of the house?" I don't believe it, you must have lied to me. "

Shen Moli's tone was very calm: "My lord said that the palace pays attention to efficiency when doing things. Mr. Xiao is old now, and he is procrastinating in doing things. Why don't you hand over all the power in your hands? It just so happens that Mr. Xiao is getting older and it's time to Take care of yourself."

After finishing speaking, two guards came outside the door, each holding a stack of tall ledgers, and placed them in front of Shen Moli.

Xiao Yicai looked at the two piles of ledgers, and his face suddenly became miserable.

Shen Moli picked up a book and flipped through it casually, and said with a half-smile: "Mr. Xiao has really worked hard these years, and he has done such a good job of making fake accounts. It's really hard work for you. You must be greedy for a lot of good things from the palace, right? "The

regent has been in charge of such a large court these years, and he doesn't pay much attention to the expenses of the palace. Naturally, he made people take advantage of many loopholes. Maybe he understands the truth that when water is clear, there will be no fish. It can't be stopped, seeing that people let it go without going too far.

Xiao Yicai was born in a down and out family, he lived through a lot of hard times when he was young, no matter how talented he is, he couldn't be exempt, so naturally he secretly coveted a lot of money.

Shen Moli originally thought about how to dispose of Xiao Yicai in a legitimate way, but now it seems that it is easy. Firstly, he can frighten the other guests and servants in the mansion, and establish himself a prestige. Secondly, he can also get rid of Xiao Yicai's hidden danger. There is nothing better than a way to get the best of both worlds.

Xiao Yicai fell from power overnight, and the guests and servants who were still holding on to luck before now dare not act recklessly anymore. No matter whether Shen Moli can be a princess for a long time, at least he is sitting firmly in the seat now. In the position of Zhengjun, the regent is very fond of him, and with scheming and tricks, he can coax the prince into submission with a few words, and they will be courting death if they act like monsters again.

Therefore, after the incident with Xiao Yicai, no one dared to provoke Shen Moli anymore, from the manager down to the servants, everyone respected him and did not dare to offend him in the slightest.

Xiao Yicai's being kicked out of the mansion was naturally not easy. He said he was going to provide for him in the old age, but he was thrown in an abandoned courtyard to fend for himself. The public treasury of the palace, the whole body is less than ten taels of silver, so it is not bad to be able to eat.

It was night, Shen Moli and Yin Moshang had just started making out in bed, when they received an urgent call from the palace. It was said that the emperor had just received an urgent report of a flood in the south and wanted to discuss countermeasures with all the ministers. The regent must attend .

Although Yin Moshang felt a little strange, he still had to put on his court clothes and rush to the palace. It's just that before leaving, he ordered his personal guards to strictly guard the palace, so as not to let outsiders take advantage of the loopholes.

Yin Moshang held Shen Moli's hand reluctantly, and said, "A Li, you go to bed first, and I will go back when I go."

Shen Moli raised his head and kissed his thin lips, nodded and said: "Okay, you are on your way Be careful." He thought for a while, but still felt uneasy, walked to the dressing table, took out a dagger from the drawer and handed it to Yin Moshang, and said: "Hide the dagger on your body, just in case. "

Although Yin Moshang felt that he was making a fuss out of a molehill, he obediently took it and stuffed it into his arms, and said, "Don't worry, he doesn't dare to do anything to me."

Shen Moli was still worried: "Power can corrupt everything. Don't take it lightly, bring more bodyguards, be obedient!"

Yin Moshang nodded and said: "Okay, I'll follow your orders."

After speaking, Yin Moshang left with his bodyguards.

That night, something serious happened, but it was not in the palace, but the palace was on fire and the assassin broke into it.

At that time, Yin Moshang was discussing the water control strategy with the ministers in the imperial study, and heard the report from the guards in the palace. He panicked and couldn't control much. He left the little emperor and the ministers and left the palace in a hurry to go to the palace. , the moment he saw Shen Moli was safe, his heart finally fell to the ground, he hurriedly went up to check Shen Moli's whole body, and then he breathed a sigh of relief, hugged him into his arms, and said with lingering fear: " Ah Li, luckily you are fine."

Shen Moli wept with joy: "My lord, I thought I would never see you again." The

palace was completely turned upside down by this matter, and Shen Moli only wore a thin coat, and the rest of the people were all talking about it. In the water to save the life, only Shen Moli was followed by the butler.

Yin Moshang let him go suddenly, and looked him up and down again, with a hint of doubt in his eyes.

Shen Moli smiled and asked: "What is the prince looking at?"

Yin Moshang shook his head and said: "It's okay, you only drank a bowl of porridge tonight, you must be hungry? I'll let the kitchen make you some supper!" "

Shen Moli nodded and said: "As soon as the prince said, I'm really a little hungry."

Yin Moshang forced a smile, pulled Shen Moli into the room, pushed him against the wall, and pulled out the dagger , pressed against the throat of the man in front of him, tore off his mask, and asked angrily, "Say! Who are you?"

'Shen Moli' widened his eyes, and said incredulously, "My lord, what do you mean by that?" ?"

Yin Moshang pulled a bloodstain on his neck with force, and asked: "You are not Shen Moli, who sent you? And where did you take Shen Moli?"

Shen Moli Li Weiwei flinched, and she wanted to cry: "My lord, what are you talking about? You actually suspect that I am pretending? Could it be that you are tired of me, so you tell some lies on purpose, and want to send me out of the house?"

Anger and anxiety Filling Yin Moshang's entire mind, he couldn't bear to stab the man in the stomach, threw the man on the ground, took a cup of tea from the table and poured it on the man's face, stretched out his hand and tore it open. The smear on his face reveals the plain and ordinary face of that person.

The man clutched his abdomen and let out a scream. He was about to clenched his teeth so that he could not make a sound. He looked extremely tough.

Yin Moshang threw the mask away, walked out of the room, and ordered the guards guarding the door: "Put the person inside in a prison and torture him severely. In addition, close the city gates, put the whole city on guard, and send Nighthawks to search the whole city. To find the whereabouts of the princess."

The guard was shocked and said: "My lord, are you really going to send out the Nighthawk? That's the trump card left to you by the late emperor!"

Yin Moshang stared at him with dark eyes, and said sharply, "Don't let me say it again."

The guard immediately broke out in cold sweat, didn't dare to say more, and left in a hurry.