chapter 76

Except for some bumps and bumps on the road, Blind Yang came to the town relatively smoothly, and followed the road that he walked thousands of times to an unremarkable pharmacy.

As soon as he entered the door, Blind Yang took out the herbs in his arms, groped and put them on the counter, and said, "Doctor Wan, please calculate the price."

"Okay, sir, please wait a moment." The old doctor, with a very kind face, did not show any expression of contempt just because Blind Yang is a blind man. Instead, he opened the cloth bag with a smile, and found a fresh Codonopsis ginseng in the herbal medicine, and said in surprise: "Good guy!" , Mr. Lang is so lucky for the first time, your Codonopsis ginseng can be worth at least ten taels of silver, but the appearance is so good, plus these herbs, I will give you a total of twelve taels, what do you think?"

Blind Yang nodded Said: " Doctor Wan's price is fair, let's go for twelve taels!"

Doctor Wan's smile became a little more cordial, and he quickly ordered the apprentice to fetch the silver and hand it over to him, saying: "Mr. Is the number correct?"

Blind Yang nodded, put the stick aside, carefully touched the silver one by one, held it upside down in his hand, then wrapped it tightly with a cloth towel, put it in his arms, and said: " Doctor Wan, then I'll leave first and come back another day."

"Okay, sir, walk slowly, be careful on the road, and be careful not to fall."

Blind Yang nodded, picked up his stick, stepped out of the medicine shop carefully, and went to a shop. At the steamed stuffed bun shop, I bought a few white flour steamed buns and meat buns, put them in my pocket, took a meat bun and ate it, then groped my way back to Linshan Village.

When I got home, it was already pitch black, but for a person who is already blind, there is no difference whether it is night or day.

When he returned home, he vaguely heard a noise coming from the main room, but he didn't pay attention to it at all, but went straight to the woodshed.

As soon as he touched the kang, Blind Yang felt something was wrong, because the kang was neat and tidy before he left, but now not only the quilts were scattered on the kang, but the mats were also wrinkled, obviously someone had turned over the kang.

But he didn't care, since there was no valuables in the house anyway, I believe those people couldn't find anything.

At this time, everyone in the Yang family complained and quarreled with each other in the main room.

After lunch during the day, the family began to work on the marriage proposal, collecting all the valuables in the family. Not only that, Yang and Li also persuaded several families to take out their private money, trying to make the dowry rich enough.

However, when the matchmaker came back from the Shen family in the afternoon, she brought back bad news. The Shen family had no intention of marrying Shen Moli to Yang Xiuwen at all. However, the Shen family sent a steward and several servants to accompany them, and brought several boxes of thank you gifts to the Yang family, saying that they were to thank Yang Xiuwen for saving his life. The meaning behind the words was that if the Yang family needed help in the future. Although it was mentioned, as long as the Shen family can do it, it will definitely help, but if the Yang family wants to repay Shen Moli to marry Yang Xiuwen, it is absolutely impossible.

After saying these words, the steward of the Shen family left a few boxes of generous gifts, and took the people away, and he was very polite from the beginning to the end.

Originally, although the Yang family was somewhat disappointed that the Shen family did not intend to marry Shen Moli to Yang Xiuwen, they were not angry. After all, the Shen family had a great career, and they could remember the kindness of the Yang family for giving such a gift. It can be regarded as the utmost benevolence, but Yang Li not only accepted all the dowry and thank you gifts, but also did not return the private money from each house, and announced in public that he would sell these things into silver taels for Yang Xiuwen to use for the exam in Beijing.

This time, didn't you just poke a hornet's nest?

Not only did all the houses disagree with this, but they felt that Mrs. Yang and Li were biased, and even Yang Xiuwen complained that he shouldn't accept the gift of thanks, thinking that if he didn't accept the gift of thanks, then he and Shen Moli would still have a chance. , so he felt from the bottom of his heart that it was Yang and Li who broke his relationship with his sweetheart.

In addition, Yang's father has soft ears, he only knows how to work hard every day, and doesn't care about things at all. Everything in the family is decided by Mrs. Yang and Li, and Mrs. Yang and Mrs. Yang have a tough personality, and they can't stand their son and husband Lang's disobedience caused a quarrel!

However, no matter how fiercely they quarreled, it couldn't affect Blind Yang, let alone the Shen family.

After the official dissolution of the engagement, although Shen Moli's injuries were not completely healed, but with the systematic and secret treatment, his head no longer hurts, and when he was bored, he searched for the existence of his lover from the original owner's memory and the original plot, After careful recollection for a long time, I didn't find anyone with the same name and surname as my lover. I became a little anxious, and said to the system impatiently: "System, can you help me find out where Ah Shang is?"

[Okay, please wait a moment, Mr. Host. .....] After waiting for a while, he found that the system had n't

moved. Shen Moli couldn't help calling out, "The system? Did you find it?"

Lord Shang. 】

Shen Moli frowned and asked: "Is it possible that his soul is still with you?"

【Master host, the system has just checked, and Lord Ah Shang's soul is not in the system space. 】

Shen Moli did not doubt that he was there, and immediately ordered: "Then please continue to look for Ah Shang, and let me know as soon as you have news."

【Okay, Lord Host. 】

What Shen Moli didn't know was that the system didn't find Yin Moshang's trace, it just didn't know how to speak. After all, the situation of Mr. Ah Shang is really not good. It can guarantee that if the host finds out, he will be furious. At that time, it will be bad if you vent your anger on yourself.

Shen Moli, who didn't know that the system was hiding something, planned to go around the village after giving the order, to see if he could find his old Gong.

According to past experience, since the hero of this world is in Linshan Village, even if Ah Shang is not a member of the Yang family, he is still inextricably related to the Yang family.

In short, the possibility that the lover is in Linshan Village is very high.

Shen Moli felt that he couldn't find any trace of his lover from the memory of the original owner. Maybe the other party's name was different from before, or he was a cannon fodder or a passer-by in the plot, or died unexpectedly in the early stage of the plot.

Therefore, in order to avoid any accidents due to the delay, Shen Moli's top priority is to find his lover as soon as possible, so that he can spoil the plot with peace of mind.

So, before his family found out, Shen Moli quietly walked out of Shenjiazhuang with his personal servant, Xiao Ling.

On the other hand, although Blind Yang did it without telling the Yang family and the villagers about picking herbs and selling them in the town, it was not unnoticed. Mr. Yang's youngest brother, Yang Xiaowen, has a very good friend in the village. When the other party went shopping in the town, he accidentally found that Yang Xiazi had entered a medicine shop and saw him selling herbs to Dr. Wan. The doctor received dozens of pennies.

Yang Xiaowen was somewhat sympathetic, knowing that Blind Yang was blind and living a bad life in the Yang family, he got the news from a friend and saw that the other party didn't earn much, so he kept this secret in his heart and told his friend to also help him. Don't tell anyone else about it.

Now, Yang Xiaowen has reached the age of marriage. Mu's father helped him look after a distant cousin from his mother-in-law two years ago. Not only is he tall and big, but he also works at home. The leader is the only child in the family, and he is also close to his mother-in-law's family, so they can take care of each other.

Therefore, Yang Xiaowen's mother's father persuaded Yang Li to make an engagement for the two.

Yang Xiaowen has been with his cousin for two years, and he also thinks that he is very nice, and he likes this cousin from the bottom of his heart.

However, just last month, Mrs. Yang Li suddenly changed her mind and wanted to take the initiative to cancel the engagement between the two of them. She planned to marry him to Yuanwai's family in the town as a concubine, just for the fifty taels of betrothal gift from Yuanwai's family.

Yang Xiaowen disagreed with life and death, and immediately announced that he would not marry anyone except his cousin. His father-in-law naturally didn't want his son to be a concubine of someone else's family, even if the other party was a wealthy family, so he helped him for nearly a month. Only then did he reluctantly agree that as long as the elders can come up with fifty taels of silver, they will not cancel his marriage contract with his cousin, nor will he marry him into Yuanwai's family as a concubine.

There are still three days to go, and the deadline is up. Mr. Yang tried everything he could to get together twenty taels of silver.

When Yang Xiaowen was so anxious that his mouth was bubbling, he accidentally saw Yang Blind find a Codonopsis ginseng plant on the mountain, and suddenly thought of a way, and sneaked behind him to the town while the other party was not paying attention, and saw it with his own eyes. The other party took twelve taels of silver from Dr. Wan.

So, I thought that since Blind Yang could sell for twelve taels of silver this time, he must have sold a lot before, and it would be no problem to make up the full thirty taels of silver.

So, Yang Xiaowen rushed home immediately, and secretly told Mu's father about the matter. The two of them made up their minds and went to the firewood room to search, but they didn't find a single copper coin. Knowing that the marriage proposal failed, and seeing the main room full of boxes, Yang Xiaowen's mother-in-law felt that the opportunity had come, and said on the spot that they hadn't collected enough money, but the Shen family sent so many valuable things. Being able to provide Yang Xiuwen's daily needs and the expenses of going to Beijing to rush for the exam made Yang Li give up the idea of ​​marrying Yang Xiaowen to Yuanwai's family.

Mrs. Yang and Li originally wanted to agree, but then the other husbands started arguing.

In a rage, Mrs. Yang Li not only rejected Yang Xiaowen's mother's proposal, but also scolded them both.

Yang Xiaowen was weak-tempered, and was scolded and cried on the spot.

Although Boss Yang had objections, he did not dare to disobey Father Mu, and immediately pulled Fu Lang and his son out of the main room and back to the room.

Yang Xiaowen had no choice but to tell Boss Yang the news that Blind Yang was rich.

The three of them made up their minds again, and Boss Yang immediately decided to ask Blind Yang for the money. If the other party didn't give it, he would grab it even if he robbed him.

So, early the next morning, when everyone in the Yang family was going out to work, Boss Yang quietly went home with everyone on his back, kicked the firewood room away, and searched the room again even though he didn't see Blind Yang. , and of course found nothing.

And Yang Xiaowen, who was in charge of monitoring Blind Yang, also returned home quietly, and said to Boss Yang, "Father, I know where the blind man is. He just went up the mountain with a basket.

" He has it with me."

Boss Yang took Yang Xiaowen to the village entrance, just in time to see Blind Yang approaching with a broken basket, and while there was no one around, he quickly ran over, covered his mouth and went to the woods Then he put a sickle on his neck and asked viciously, "Tell me, where did you hide the money? Hand it over!"

Boss Yang thought very simply, Blind Yang was not only in the Yang family, but also in the village. It is also an invisible existence, helpless, he just needs to force out the money, even if it does not hurt the other party's life, I believe the blind man would not dare to tell this matter, so he had to smash his teeth and swallow it in his stomach.

As soon as he heard the voice, Blind Yang knew who it was. He felt a slight tingling pain on his neck. He leaned against a tree, and his whole nerves began to tense. He clenched his fist quietly, but said in a very calm tone. : "I have no money."

Yang Xiaowen, who followed Boss Yang nervously and watched this scene, exposed his lies in a low voice, and said, "You have money, I have seen it all, you often go to the town to sell herbs , I also sold a root of Codonopsis ginseng yesterday, and Dr. Wan in the town gave you twelve taels of silver, I can see it clearly."

Blind Yang knew that sooner or later his business of selling herbal medicines for money would be exposed, and now it was revealed He didn't panic, but said calmly: "I don't have a single copper coin. If you don't believe me, you can search yourself."

Boss Yang didn't think too much, handed the sickle to Yang Xiaowen, let him put it on Yang blind man's neck, and himself After groping the other party's body carefully, only a small package was found. Except for two steamed buns, there was no copper coin in it.

Yang Xiaowen said anxiously: "Impossible, father, he must have hidden the silver in the mountains."

Boss Yang threw the steamed buns on the ground, grabbed the sickle, and asked again: "Say, where do you hide the silver?" Where is it hidden?"

Blind Yang was silent for a while without saying a word, and when both of them were extremely nervous, he suddenly broke out, lifted the sickle in Boss Yang's hand with one hand, and spilled a handful of it with the other. powder.

Boss Yang was caught off guard, and after the sickle was out of his hand, he was stunned by a handful of powder, and finally fell limply on the ground. Yang Xiaowen was shocked, and quickly knelt down next to Boss Yang

, and shouted: "Father, wake up, what's wrong with you?"

Asked: "Blind man, what on earth did you do to my father?" Blind

Yang squatted on the ground and touched for a while, finally touched the stick and steamed buns, held the broken basket in his hand, and stood up with a blank face. Said expressively: "After an hour, he will naturally wake up, don't provoke me again, otherwise it will not be as simple as being in a coma." After

threatening, Blind Yang turned around and just walked a few steps, but suddenly someone grabbed his wrist, and his ear A strange voice beside him asked, "What's your name?"

It turned out that Shen Moli ignored Xiaoling's dissuasion and left Shenjiazhuang, wandering around the village, at first he kept staring at the young men in the village, and finally Brother Lian I didn't let go of it, I looked over one by one, but I couldn't find the person I was looking for, but suddenly I saw two suspicious people, it was Boss Yang and Yang Xiaowen.

Shen Moli followed all the way to the entrance of the village, and the two of them disappeared just around the corner, so he had to search around quietly, but happened to see the scene where Blind Yang sprinkled medicine powder on Boss Yang to stun him.

With just one glance, Shen Moli recognized the other party, and ran up uncontrollably under excitement, grabbed blind Yang's wrist, and asked the other party's name as soon as he opened his mouth.

However, Blind Yang didn't agree with him, thinking he was looking for trouble again, he shook off Shen Moli's hand, staggered around the two of them and walked outside.

Shen Moli was pushed away and couldn't stand upright. Because his body was still a little weak, he almost couldn't stand upright. Fortunately, Xiaoling held him up.

Xiao Ling, who was protecting the lord, immediately frowned and scolded: "Whose family are you from? I wonder if our young master is injured? So hard, what if the young master accidentally falls down?"

Blind Yang paused, puzzled Said: "Are you brothers?"

At this moment, Shen Moli, who had stabilized his body, finally calmed down, noticed the strangeness on the other person, he quickly broke away from Xiaoling's support, stood in front of Blind Yang, and stretched out his hand in front of his eyes After shaking, his eyes widened immediately, and he said in shock, "Your eyes can't see?"

Blind Yang didn't notice the other party's movements at all. Keeping a distance, nodded and said: "Sorry! I still have something to do, let's take a step first."

Shen Moli didn't seem to realize that he was alienated from him, and stepped forward to block his way, worried: "Your eyes can heal your eyes." Okay?"

Blind Yang quickly stopped, and replied unconsciously: "I don't know."

Shen Moli continued to ask: "What's your name? Where is your home? I'll take you back!"

Shen Moli Looking at the tattered cloth clothes on his lover, the cloth shoes with two toes exposed, and the particularly rough and muddy fingers, he could tell how hard it was, his eyes were full of pity, and he almost wanted to risk everything The other party took him back to Shenjiazhuang, took a hot bath for him, scrubbed his body clean, changed into a set of clean and beautiful shoes and clothes, and cooked a sumptuous and delicious meal to feed his lover.

Regarding Shen Moli's question, Blind Yang chose not to answer, then shook his head and said, "I can go back by myself."

Shen Moli didn't know Yang Blind's identity, but Xiaoling recognized him, seeing that the other party kept silent, he quickly Standing at Shen Moli, he said, "My lord, this is the man picked up by Yang Xiuwen's family. Everyone in the village calls him Blind Yang."

With such a mention, Shen Moli immediately extracted the other party's information from the original plot materials. He, who had no good impressions of the Yang family, suddenly hated those people. Even if the male lead saved the original owner's life, he would I can't wait to tear each other apart.

Because in the original plot, the blind man possessed by his lover was tortured to death by the Yang family, and the trigger was that his matter of digging herbs and selling them for money was exposed. They asked his sons to beat him severely, and after asking about the whereabouts of Yinzi, they refused to seek medical treatment from a doctor. As a result, Blind Yang lay on the bed unable to move, and died of starvation.

Although the male protagonist begged for a few words of affection for Blind Yang, that was all there was to it. He never thought about asking a doctor or delivering food to him. After knowing that the other party starved to death on the bed, he pretended to complain about Yang and Li. So I went to Beijing to rush for the exam with dozens of taels of silver I looted from Blind Yang.

As for Blind Yang after his death, he was just wrapped in a rotten straw mat by the men of the Yang family and dragged into the woods. He dug a hole and buried him. Not to mention the funeral, even a coffin was omitted.

Moreover, Yang Xiazi's death helped the hero more than that.

Because Yang Xiazi's life experience is actually not simple, but the youngest son of the owner of the Yin family in the capital who has been missing for many years.

The Yin family has been an imperial merchant for generations, with a pivotal position in the capital and many contacts in the court. Although the youngest son has been missing for more than 20 years, the head of the family and his wife did not give up searching until they found the jade pendant worn by the new top scholar Yang Xiuwen. From the hero's mouth, I learned that the youngest son had died of illness for several months.

That's right, after Yang Xiuwen learned that Blind Yang was the Yin family's son, he concealed the real cause of death. He only said that the other party had been weak since he was a child, and that the Yang family had spent almost all the money in the family and failed to cure him until the other party couldn't bear it anymore. He died of illness only after living.

The Yin family did not doubt that he was there, because the Yang family had raised their son for more than 20 years, they secretly helped the male protagonist overcome all difficulties and obstacles, and gradually gained a firm foothold in the court, from a sixth-rank official to a minister. seat, and reminded the hero to stand in line in the court, assisting one of the princes to successfully sit on the throne, become the new emperor's confidant, and live a lifetime of glory and wealth.

Blind Yang pursed his lips. After waiting for a long time, he didn't feel that Shen Moli gave way, so he walked cautiously to the right to avoid the two of them and walked towards the path.

Shen Moli stepped up and followed, but was grabbed by Xiaoling just after walking a few steps.

Xiao Ling said anxiously: "My lord, you are a brother, he is a man, it is inappropriate for you two to stay together, let's hurry home!"

Shen Moli said disapprovingly: "What is inappropriate? Remember, you have to call him Uncle in the future, you can't be so rude, you understand?"

"Ah?" Xiao Ling's face was dull, and he didn't know how to react.

Shen Moli broke away from Xiao Ling, and was thinking of leaving this place, chasing after Blind Yang, when suddenly there was a burst of crying behind him.

Yang Xiaowen sat alone next to the unconscious boss Yang, wiped his tears and shouted: "Blind man, stop, don't leave, you made my father like this, I must tell grandma when I go back."

Blind Yang Turning a deaf ear to it, Shen Moli glanced back, knowing from the original owner's memory that the other party was the Yang family, and with the scene he saw just now, he didn't have any affection for this handsome brother, so he sneered, Turning around to protect his lover and leaving.

Xiao Ling worriedly followed behind, thinking that his son must be possessed by an evil spirit today, otherwise why would he say nonsense that people can't understand? Still so considerate and enthusiastic towards a blind man?

Blind Yang walked straight forward, and didn't take it seriously when he heard Shen Moli's words. He just felt that what the other party said were crazy words. After walking for a while, he found that Shen Moli was still following him tirelessly, and heard the sound coming from a distance. He finally stopped talking, and said: "I have arrived in the village, you can leave."

Although he is blind and does not know the difference between a brother and a man, he also knows that a brother should not stay with a man , I don't care about it, but I worry about hurting the other party's reputation.

Xiao Ling also hurriedly persuaded: "That's right! Young Master, you have been wandering outside for so long, the Master, Madam and Young Master may have discovered that you have sneaked out, so I don't know how anxious I should be."

Shen Moli firmly Shaking his head, he said to his lover, "No! I have to send you home to leave, otherwise what if you fall down on the road? You can't see the road."

Blind Yang said, "I won't fall down, I'm used to it. "

Shen Moli began to feel distressed again, and vowed to find a reasonable excuse to take his lover back to Shenjiazhuang, and heal the other's eyes, so he continued to follow behind his lover, even though it caused many people around him to look sideways. , did not give up, and did not reluctantly take Xiao Ling away until she sent her lover to the gate of the Yang family's yard.