Chapter 17

Hailies P.O.V

FLASHBACK***

"So why were you crying and shouting? Someone could've sa-"

"I DONT CARE!" She cut me off. "I lost the ONE THING that mattered most to me.... The ONE THING I loved and will ALWAYS love!" She wailed. I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" I quizzed. "Another mermaid or merman? There's plenty of people out there for YOU!" I shouted.

"IT WAS A VAMPIRE!" She shouted. "He was a vampire and daddy wasn't pleased." I rolled my eyes.

"In that case," I said. "Why does 'daddy' have an input in your love life? Why does his say matter to you?" She sighed and shrugged.

"It just does." She spat. "Besides, I can't go back to him..." I laughed evilly.

"So that's it?" I teased. "You're just gonna...Give up! I don't know you or this boy but I DO know that love is something that you can't control. You're gonna love you love and people will try to stop that. But you CANT let that stop you!" She smiled at me. She hugged me tight as my body tensed. I haven't been hugged since my brother died. I promised to never be a touchy person again.

"I understand what you mean. But, at the same time, I can't do that. I can't go back. What if he found someone else?" She said sadly.

"OH COME ON!" I shouted with a light chuckle. You can't be thinking that?! If he REALLY loved you, then he will wait to see you again." She blushed and nodded.

"Um....I think I sho-"

"Not in this weather you're not!" I ordered her. ""Stay the night. You'll be fine!" She sighed grabbed covera to cover herself before falling asleep. "Night..." I mumbled as I left the room to go to sleep.

FLASHBACK OVER***

I placed the food on the table as I heard the door open and close softly. Harry walked in and kissed my lips gently. Something was wrong. It just....It doesn't feel right.

"I met someone today," He started. "He told me about his long lost love." I tensed and met his gaze.

"Go on." I said sternly. He raised his eyebrows questionly. I nodded for him to go on.

"He said how his love was a mermaid... Of course, I dpnt know that because he never stated it!" Now, my whole body sprung up and started to walk around the kitchen. Harry grabbed my shoulders and I tensed under his touch. I think he noticed and slowly removed his hands. I sighed and faced him.

"That guy," I said slowly. "He was.... He wasn't....Oh my god. Did you mention me?" I said as worry took over.

"Yes, I did." He said with confusion. "Why?"

"Not good. Not good...." I repeated as I walked over to the door with me jacket in hand.

"TELL ME!" He shouted. I slowly faced him and swallowed.

"His long lost love..." I started. "Is my best friend. He's been hunting for a LONG time. He promised to hurt anyone close to me. I have to go amd make sure this place is spotless. Outside too! He knows my scent. He'll hurt you, Harry. Stay away." I warned and left quickly, not giving anytime to say anything.

I may know Kailian but I didn't know it came with a consequence...

A/N: UPDATING AGAIN! DONT WORRY BOUT THAT! I KEEP MY PROMISES!... Ok, so..... It may not be long so the next one will be started now and published late tonight. I WANT IT TO BE LONG LOVES! Anyway, forgive me if there are any errors!