Chapter 44

Hailies P.O.V

I placed Niall on the branch next to me as I studied my curly haired lover kill two huge guard dogs. I cover my mouth in shock. I follow Harry with my eyes as he drags the dead dogs up a hill and drop them into a whole. He soon follows.

"Oh my god.." Niall whispers. "What is he doing?!"

"Stay here." I say as I start to climb down.

"Can't jump from twenty feet in the air, can I?" Niall mumbled.

"We aren't twenty feet high," I roll my eyes. "We're forty."

I leave him to his thoughts as I use vampire speed and land on the ground. I hear four heartbeats.

One was Nialls.

The second was Harrys.

But the other two..They were miles away. But I knew both were near the village.

I carefully walk around the whole in the ground, frightened by the noises I heard. I bite my lip as I hear all sounds stop and the heart beat only a few feet away from me. I see a head curls pop up from another whole and I dart down the first one.

I walk down the thin hall and notice words on the wall.

'A Dar ý A Tomar. La Da es La Tomador.'

I gasp and back away. An image of my great ancestor, the first human, comes into mind. She...She gave to good, but took from evil.

"A Giver and A Taker. To Give is To Take." I recited from memory. My mother always gave certain sayings at certain times.

I cover my mouth as tears gather in my eyes. I turn to the other wall.

'Usted son la da, la tomador.'

"You are the giver, the taker." I take deep breaths and close my eyes.

'Harry is apart of this war,' My mothers voice said in my head. 'Hide nothing from him..'

"Hailie?"