47

Ye Yungui had a plan in mind, but he didn't confess it to Cen Mo immediately.

    He needs to find a more suitable time.

    These days, the people of Zhenbei Army have not given up searching for Ye Yungui's whereabouts, but they found nothing. Except for Jiang Fengnian, Li Zhao and others, everyone else secretly speculated that the Second Highness might not be able to find him.

    After all, they searched more than once in the place where they fell off the cliff, as well as in the mountains and villages within a radius of nearly ten miles. Not to mention Ye Yungui, even if there was a rat the size of a palm, they should have found it.

    In a few days, Xue Cheng also obeyed the emperor's order and brought people to Beijun.

    He separated most of the people to cooperate with Tu Zhen and the others to continue the search, and he personally led the rest to find out the cause and effect of Ye Yungui's disappearance.

    Since the emperor had sent him here in person, if he could not have an explanation, he would have no face to go back to meet the emperor.

    The first person Xue Cheng interrogated was the sheriff.

    The sheriff probably also realized that he couldn't explain clearly, so he insisted that he didn't choose the house and the road.

    "At the beginning, His Royal Highness came to the county guard's mansion to find me, saying that it was inconvenient to live in Jiang Mansion, and asked the lower official to find a house for him. The lower official was concerned about the identity of the Second Highness, so naturally he couldn't shirk it, so he could only agree. At that time The official found three houses, but the Second Highness said that he likes to be clean, so he specially chose the one outside the city."

    Xue Cheng sneered: "But in your note to His Majesty, it is written that you will take the initiative to buy a house for the Second Highness."

    "Your Majesty was fooled by the lard and just wanted to get some credit from His Majesty, so you just talked nonsense." "

    Then you are admitting that you have committed the crime of deceiving the King?" Xue Cheng asked back.

    The county guard's face turned pale when he heard the words, and for a moment he didn't know whether the crime of deceiving the emperor was more troublesome, or Ye Yungui's disappearance was more troublesome.

    "Please explain in detail what happened on the day you left the city." Xue Cheng didn't continue to dwell on this topic.

    The county guard hurriedly said: "At that time, the lower official proposed to visit the house in the next year. But the Second Highness was very anxious and said that he wanted to go to see it before the end of the year. For this reason, the lower official also ordered people to clear all the snow on that road. It took several days of hard work..."

    "That's why your Highness saw the big snow under the snow halfway that day, and when you suggested going another day, you insisted." Xue Cheng said: "Because you asked someone to clear the snow, and you didn't want to waste all your previous efforts. .”

    The sheriff opened his mouth, wanting to refute, but he had nothing to say.

    He admitted that he really thought so at the time.

    This was a decision he regretted every time he thought about it for several days. If he had followed His Highness's suggestion that day and turned back early, such an accident would not have happened. How did he know that Ye Yungui had figured out what was on his mind, that's why he asked Li Zhao to ask that question.