54

Soon after that day, the emperor really took the empress and concubine Shu to live in Zhuangzi temporarily.

    Ye Yungui had been the prince of the country for a few days, and the results were neither good nor bad. He neither deliberately expressed himself nor made himself appear too dull. He only dealt with the things that should be done one by one. Sensitive things were sent to Zhuangzi for the emperor to decide.

    The emperor stayed in Zhuangzi for nearly half a month, and when he came back, he found that nothing had changed in the court.

    The ministers neither praised His Highness too much nor complained, which made the emperor very satisfied.

    Since then, the emperor has to live in Zhuangzi every one or two months, and it has become common for Ye Yun to return to the prison country.

    More than a year has passed like this.

    Until the next year, the emperor caught a cold in the early winter, and his health became worse and worse.

    Throughout the winter, and even the spring of the following year, the emperor almost never went to court, and it was Ye Yungui who was in the prison.

    In the early summer, the emperor ordered someone to draw up an edict, saying that Ye Yungui would be given the Zen throne.

    Ye Yungui evaded it in every possible way, but at this time the emperor didn't care about power, but liked the life of playing with his grandchildren.

    Things were deadlocked for a while, and after autumn, the emperor ordered someone to read the edict of the Zen position, and asked Si Tianjian and the Ministry of Rites to choose an auspicious day to prepare for Ye Yungui's enthronement ceremony.

    The enthronement ceremony is scheduled for October 18th.

    According to the rules of the Great Xia Dynasty, the procedure for ascension to the throne is extremely cumbersome.

    Early in the morning, the official of ceremonies came to the East Palace with a guard of honor to invite the crown prince to ascend the throne. Ye Yungui had to wear the prince's attire and follow the official to enter the palace. He went to pay homage to the emperor, the future emperor, and then to the queen mother. , Then change the dragon robe and accept the worship of civil and military officials. Afterwards, the enthronement edict was promulgated, and then went to the ancestral temple to worship, and the enthronement ceremony was completely completed.

    There are also many trivial links mixed in, playing music and singing ceremony, a set of rituals makes people quite tired.

    Ye Yungui was surrounded by people and stood on the high platform, without any joy or excitement.

    All he was thinking at the moment was that he was tired and hungry, and worried that the two little fellows who followed him to the ceremony would not be able to hold on.

    Thinking of this, he slowly turned his head to look at the crowd.

    I saw Ye Jingming and Ye Jingcheng standing at the front, their cheeks were bulging, as if they were stealing something.

    Beside the two little guys, stood a tall and straight man in military uniform, it was Cen Mo.

    Seeing him looking over, Cen Mo calmly pointed to the position of his pocket.

    Ye Yungui understood, raised his hand to touch the pocket, and found that there was really something inside, it was a piece of caramel. He held the piece of caramel in his hand, and secretly stuffed it into his mouth under the cover of his sleeve while saluting. After a while, the piece of caramel melted in his mouth, and the faint sweetness soaked into his heart little by little from his mouth.