Chapter 10

"Department feast?What's that?"Pooja looked confused when she received the message.It's more like a invitation for the feast.It's from the third years to inform the first years to attend the "Department feast ".

"It is to welcome freshers.They will organize in the hotel." the girl classmate replied to her."Do you think third years are really kind to us " Geetha remembered how Padma behave with them.

"It will be a disaster for sure" Anjali giggled and thought 'Shelly do you think the same trick you played last time will work on me.'

"Shelly,I think the drink is weird" Manu whispered to Shelly as soon as she tasted the drink which was given by Padma."It's just a fruit drink.Now give this to everyone" Padma handed the drinks to Manu.She gave the drinks to the students.Manu didn't realize she fell into a trap which was set by Padma and Shelly.

After two days she went to class as usual.But she was called by head of computer science department."Manu what is this?Why did you send alcohol to the students.You know alcohol is prohibited in department feast.But you broke the rules.Your academic record is good but your character is not What I expected" the head master shouted at her.

"Sir What alcohol?What are you saying?I served the drinks which are given by Padma.I don't know anything" Manu told them.

"Padma?Do you know where she is now?She is in the hospital suffering from food poison.It must be the drink given by you.You might have used some drugs in her drink" Another teacher shouted at her.

"You are suspended for fifteen days.Now get out." The head master shouted at Manu."But sir I have a competition.It was important to me" She cried."You are disqualified.Just happy that I didn't call the police.Now get out." the head master screamed at her.

"This is why the children without parents are not good to begin with.They will become a bad influence to other students" Manu stopped in her tracks when she heard one of the teacher said about her.This is not the first time that Manu heard these kind of word but it still hurt her a lot everytime she hears.

She went to hospital where Padma is there to clear her name.When she about to open the hospital room door she heard voices of Shelly and Padma.

"How can you say you don't know?Because of you Manu was mistaken by others" Shelly shouted.

"I don't know Shelly.That fruit drink was given by seniors"Padma said to Shelly."But because of this my cousin and my best friend  was suffering.Please tell to head master the truth" Shelly pleaded."I really wanted to tell the truth but you know my father will disown me and throw me out of the house." Padma cried.

"It's ok Shelly you don't need to clear my name.It's not Padma fault.It's the seniors who did this.But because of their connections we can't confront them.So let it be.It's fine " Manu assured her.Manu saddened thinking about losing favour of parents.How hard it must be for Padma to face if she loses her parents."But Manu you have a competition this week" Shelly asked her.

"You will attend in the place of me.I will help you.You will win for sure.I should be happy if you go instead of others." Manu said to Shelly.Padma apologised to Manu and she forgives her.With the help of Manu she won the competition and become the center of attraction in her department.

Now thinking about the past,Anjali felt sick.She fell into the trap of Padma and Shelly and lose her reputation of top student who was adored by the teachers.

Everyone got ready for the department feast.Anjali got a call from her brother.So she went to meet her brother from morning.She told Pooja and Geetha to the hotel.

Pooja and Geetha wear green and red color frocks looking beautiful.

Pooja's dress

After getting ready She come out from the room.Looking at her Geetha told her "Beautiful" and Pooja told to Geetha "Not more than you my princess".Geetha looking pretty in red color dress.

Geetha looking pretty in red color dress

Geetha dress

They both went to department feast.Abhi looked at geetha with shock face.Abhi and Karan came to them."You both look beautiful" Abhi and Karan told them with admiration."You both look handsome in suits" Geetha said to them."But where is Anjali" Karan asked them."She has some work so went outside this morning.She will come" Geetha told them.

Suddenly there was a loud voices coming from the entrance."What was that?"Pooja asked Karan."Well our enemy Shelly came" Karan said unintersted.

"Well our enemy Shelly came" Karan said unintersted

Shelly dress

Shelly came to them and searched for Anjali."Whom are you searching?" Pooja asked her."Well your friend Anjali.Will she come?Or she thinks that I was beautiful than her and she didn't want to show her face" Shelly mocked them.Remaining third year students laughed.One guy told to Shelly "No one is beautiful than you Shelly.You are our department beauty.Shelly proudly lifted her face.

Padma also came to them wearing white wedding dress.She thinks that this was her wedding.Seeing Padma everyone in the hall laughed at her.And she ran away and wears simple knee length."I already told you don't wear white dress." Shelly hissed at Padma.Padma lowered her head.

Suddenly everyone gets silent.There stood a girl looking extremely gorgeous like an angel from heaven Anjali.The students who praises the Shelly looked dumbfounded.Shelly and Padma looked jealous.Pooja,Geetha,Karan and Abhi looking at her with eyes wide open.