Chapter 38

The chief general's birthday party took place in his house.Most of the important persons in the country have been invited.The security around his house was full on alert.

"Happy birthday Uncle" Shelly handed him a gift.Chief general face full of grim "I didn't expect Miss Shelly to come here"

"Happy birthday sir" Atharva gave him the gift which he brought from overseas.Seeing Atharva with Shelly made him to taken back.Soon he concealed it with smile "Thanks Mr.Atharva"

He asked them to enjoy the feast and went to entertain his other guests.

"Where is Aditya?" Padma asked Shelly where her eyes wandered around all over the place.

Shelly giggled, "I have already called him.He will be reaching anytime soon"

Padma blushed at the thought of Aditya.She was crushing over him for almost five years when she met him in her high school when he came to fetch Shelly and Manushi.She tried her best to become Manushi's friend so that she can meet Aditya.But not even once Aditya looked at her.All of his attention were only placed on Manushi.

How dare she?What did Manushi deserve to get all of Aditya's attention?Aditya was heartthrob of all the girls.He was the alumni of Jaipur university.Still the awards he received was placed in Jaipur main building.He was out of reach of everyone except Manushi.

Now she was happy that Manushi was not there to get his attention once again.She sincerely hope that Manushi to be dead.

On the other side Arjun sneaked a glance at his little fox.Anjali completely ignored him.She was still mad at him for kissing her.She was embarrassed when henry teased Arjun for having lipstick stain on his lips.At that time Anjali want to dig hole and buried herself on the ground.

"Are you still mad at me?" Arjun asked inncoently.

Anjali glared at him, "Mr.Arjun do you know what you did can be considered as sexual harassement?"

The driver on the seat almost lost control when he heard that.

Sexual harassement?

His boss is gay?Then how can he do that to her?

"You are my girlfriend.It can be considered as expressing my love to you" Arjun tried to hold her hand but it was slapped away by Anjali.

Arjun pulled her closer to him,"I can wait until you accept your title"

Anjali's face had a complicated look.

The driver sighed in relief and thought 'Then he is not gay?Now I can breath peacefully.I almost scared what if I was my boss type.Iam safe now'

They reached the venue.Arjun got out of his car and extended his hand for Anjali to hold.Anjali completely ignored him and got out of the car only to meet Aditya who was looking at her.

Aditya's eyes twitched when he saw Tulip design hair clip on Anjali's hair

"Adi"

Anjali whispered voice again heard by Arjun and Aditya.Aditya eyes widened.He was not wrong this time she definitely said 'Adi'

Yesterday night he got Anjali's information.This information included her suicide attempt,broken engagement,joining Jaipur university,defeating Ron.

He had some doubts about Anjali might be know something about Manushi but after reading those information he came to know that there was no interaction between Manushi and Anjali.Then how come she know about that snowman's nose incident.

Arjun was annoyed when he saw the look on Anjali's face.

He stood in front of Anjali,hiding her vision and said "Let's go"

Arjun didn't let her to reject him.He hooked her hands into his arms and walked past Aditya.Aditya looked at them and followed them inside.

Arjun gave the present to Chief.Once he wished him,he took Anjali to desert counter to lift her mood.Aditya noticed Atharva so went towards him.Seeing Aditya coming towards them,Padma heart started to beat fast.

"Aditya" she greeted him shyly when she looked up to see his handsome face only to see that he is looking at something or someone.

Padma followed his gaze and saw Anjali.Immediately her face started to change.She nudged at Shelly's hand and gestured at Aditya.

Shelly also noticed Aditya was looking at Anjali ,"Aditya ,You know Anjali?"

Aditya asked her "You know her?"

"Of course .She is my junior.It's just" Shelly frowned her eyebrows.

Seeing her complicated look Atharva asked her "What happened?"

"She just trapped Padma during our college department feast.Poor Padma.She was caught into Anjali's trap and locked in police station for three days.Once the police got to know that she was innocent they released her.But because of that Padma was humiliated gravely"

Shelly patted Padma's shoulder who was on the verge of crying.

"Not only that Shelly was the one who was supposed to attend the talent competition.But at last minute Anjali made her to withdraw from the competition.If not,the trophy would have belonged to our Shelly.Anjali was always jealous of our Shelly for winning the competition two consecutive years that's why she did that"

Atharva looked at Anjali.His heart almost skipped his beat when he saw her.She looked like flower which was freshly bloom.Her lips took his breath away.

"I think she is not that type of person.Maybe you guys misunderstood her" Atharva said without taking his eyes from Anjali.

Shelly noticed Atharva,amost an alarm rang on her mind.His eyes resembled how he looked at Manushi.

Shelly started to pull weak girl act, "Misunderstood?Do you know how she humiliated me infront of everyone.Because of her I have become a joke in front of the first yeras.No one respect me as their senior"

Seeing her crying made Atharva to frown.He had promised Manushi that he will take care and protect her well.

"Shlly as you said she is your junior.As an elder I hope you don't mind it too seriously.After all she is just a little girl who wants to enjoy the world.Don't take it too seriously" Atharva tried to comfort her.

Aditya looked at Shelly deeply.If he didn't read the information yesterday he might have believed Shelly's words.

Only because of Manushi ,he was here.If not he would have already cut off his ties with Shelly.