Chapter 37

Aditya eyes never left the picture of little girl whom he cherished as his little sister.Only Aditya knows what he had lost.When he recalled Anjali's words in the cafeteria,he was taken back.

"Adi ,why are you not eating carrots" Seven year old Manushi asked Aditya.

He calmly replied "I don't like to eat carrots"

Little Manu pouted her lips and said "Mommy said eating carrots are good for our eyes.You should eat it"

Manu rushed to his side and took a spoonful of carrot to his mouth "Say ah"

Seeing Aditya closed mouth Manushi got angry "Don't tell me that eating carrots make your nose like a snowman's nose"

It took few seconds for Aditya to realize what Manushi was saying.Just few days before they were building a snowman near their stay when they went to holiday trip to shimla.Manushi's parents praised for their hardwork but she was not saisfied thinking that something is missing.Mr.Singh took out fresh carrot from the fridge and stuck it on the snowman's nose.

Now seeing the completed snowman Manu jumped up and down clapping her hands.

Aditya's lips curved slightly when he thought of that.He ruffled her hair, "Iam not scared.Iam not a snowman" with that he opened his mouth.Manushi feed him a mouthful of carrots even thogh he dislike the taste still he doesn't have a heart to reject her.

Aditya felt the tears in his eyes when he recalled the happy moments with Manushi.This incident happened between Manu and him.How come Anjali said the same thing to him?

Is it coincidence or?

But why did he behave like that?Why did he obediently ate the carrots when she commanded him?

Why did I submitted to her like I did to Manushi?

Who is she?

Next day when Ashok entered into the Arjun's room to get his signature in documents ,he felt a murderous vibe evaporating from Arjun.

Kranthi patted his shoulder,"You shouldn't have done that"

Ashok looked confused, "Done what?"

Seeing his confused face Kranthi said "Nothing,Did Alex sent the gown?"

"Yeah I already sent it to Anjali.Also I arranged Harry to do her make over" Ashok carefully replied sneaking glances at Arjun.

Kranthi nodded his head ,"See,he did a good job.Stop looking like you want to murder him.It's just  a lunch moreover she is his godsister.So it's nothing wrong eating lunch with her"

Ashok wiped his invisible tears.Now he understands Arjun's murderous vibe.

"Boss this is very important document.You have to sign it immediately" Ashok pointed at the document.

Once he got the sign he immediately flew away.

Arjun asked Kranthi "Did you got his information?"

"Yes,two years before right after Manushi's incident Venkat resigned his job and joined Chief general team as a security head.Everything has to go through him before it reach Chief general" Kranthi said.

Arjun was in deep thought "It's a pity that our country military have fallen into such hands.Don't you think someone is behind the Chief general pulling the strings in the dark"

Kranthi nodded his head in agreement "But who could it be?"

"Don't you think it's time for the Chief to be changed" Arjun smiled,"Call Ashok's father and ask him to inform his elder son to take a charge as a new Chief general"

"He is really a good choice.I will make a call now" Kranthi left the room.

Arjun mind was still thinking whether that mysterious guy have any connections in disappearance of Manushi.If he involved then the matter is not simple as it seems.

At the Beauty parlour

Anjali was almost slept when the make up has done.

"Oh my baby,you are really beautiful.I just applied mild make up on you to look innocent and cute" Henry clapped his hand at his masterpiece and his assistant handed him the gown.

Henry gave that dress to half-sleep Anjali,"Now go dress yourself.Your prince will be waiting for your arrival"

Anjali went to the room and dressed herself.When she looked at herself in the mirror,she gasped in surprise.

"What the hell?" she came out of the room "Henry don't tell me these are all real diamonds"

Hearing her shouting made Henry to jump in shock,"Baby ,why are you shouting" He clutched his chest.

"Of course these are real diamonds that costs millions.Do you think Alex will use cheap stones on his works" Henry replied.

He turned to Anjali "Wow,no wonder he has fallen for you.This dress looks good on you"

Anjali rolled her eyes, "sorry ,I don't think Iam worth to wear this dress"

"Who said ?" A voice came.

Anjali turned to look at Arjun who was smiling which reached his eyes.Arjun held his breath when Anjali turned around.

She is looking like an angel.Henry read the situation as he excused himself and went out with his assistant.He didn't forget to close the door before he left.

"MR.Arjun,This dress is too expensive for me to wear"

Arjun walked towards her and pulled her to his embrace, "It's not that much expensive.Do you think I allow my woman to wear cheap dress?"

Anjali didn't expect him to embrace her.She tried to push him but he was strong, "Who is your woman?"

Seeing her angry face,Arjun couldn't help himself to pinch her cheeks,"Other than you who could it be"

"Dream on" Anjali scoffed but suddenly she felt something on her neck.She touched and felt that it is a necklace.

Arjun made her to stood in front of the mirror as he back hugged her,"This necklace is made of blue diamond.It represent one's true love.There is only one type of necklace in this whole world"

He leaned closer to her ear, "Do you know what it mean?"

Anjali bit her lips when she felt his breath on her ear, "I-I don't want-"

Before she could finish her lips were locked by Arjun's lips.Her eyes widened in shock and started to hit him.He held her hands and deepened the kiss.When Anjali felt that she was going to die due to lack off breath then only Arjun left her lips.

He hugged her tightly like she is the most precious treasure in the world ,"Today you look so beautiful in this dress"