Chapter 41: An unexpected night

And I'm back!!! Finished my exams the scores aren't coming out till next month so I'm safe till then :D Here's and update!!!

I know it's short but It's what I managed to write in the short time while I recovered from the exams T_T

Sara Pov

Surprise, nostalgia, happiness, sadness...There was many emotions that I felt at that moment as I stared at the house Manami had taken us to after the meeting. She had told us that they had finally readied a place for us to stay instead of being crammed into two rooms like the last night.

And here we were at the mentioned place, my place, the place that once belonged to my family. Technically it still does, but I haven't been here in years to see it again...it just was really nostalgic.

"Here you go" Manami told me pushing something into my hands "Dad lent it to me and now I am returning it to its rightful owner"

"I don't know what to say" I told her still staring at her with wide eyes before smiling "Thank you"

"It was nothing" She replied.

I looked ahead to find the door open and everyone were at the door or already ran inside checking the place.

"Looks like I forgot to lock it" Manami said chuckling and rubbing the back of her head "I kind of have a bad habit of doing that"

'I am going to get you back Yoshio and then we will be both laughing and having fun together like back then' I thought to myself as I held the key tightly.

**********************************************************************

"Wow the view is beautiful" Sakura said from the balcony. The house had 4 bedrooms the girls got a room, the boys were got another, the male jounins in third leaving only Kurenai with a room for herself.

We were all now changed into pajamas and ready to go to bed.

"You're right Sakura" Agreed Ino as she walked into the balcony too soon both Hinata and I followed.

"Clouds rarely gather over the island so the view here is much clearer than back home" I told them "There was a bedtime story that mom always told me about that"

"Really-y?! Can you tell us?" Hinata wondered.

"Are you sure? I am not much of a story teller." I told them.

"Yeah give it a go" Sakura encouraged.

"um well it started like how the sky is always clear around here because the stone of heart senses the calmness and goodness in the heart of the villagers, but it wasn't always like that at one point when they first arrived at the island it was always cloudy and raining and thunder was always occurring.

It almost seemed as this place was rejecting them but it was actually rejecting the darkness they carried in their hearts. That of revenge, sadness, worry and all the other negative feeling that resulted from all the fighting the clan has escaped.

A while after the clan had settled here things began to calm down, clouds dispersed, and the sun shone in the morning and the stars glittered at night. The people here began to know peace and so did the sky. But...."

I didn't get to finish before we heard thunder strike.

"What the...?" Ino wondered as the once clear sky started to fill up with clouds with thunder striking. "I don't think this is natural"

"It's not" I told her, there was something in the air something bad is going to happen. "Something bad is happening, we better get ready"

We all went back to change and put on our ninja gear, I was the fastest of them to get ready.

Before they all could get ready though we heard the first scream followed by more coming from all directions, and through balcony I could see the night darkness being lit by an orange light.

I jumped from the balcony to the roof to get a clearer view and my eyes widened at what I saw.

Buildings were on fire in every direction. 'Just like that night' I thought to myself, my hands clenching beside me 'I won't let my home be destroyed again, I am not going to let anyone harm my clan again'

"Sara come down it's dangerous with all the lightening" Ino shouted from the balcony.

"Ino tell everyone I went ahead okay?" I shouted back not awaiting a reply, I jumped forward. Making clones so I can cover more area.

Kurenai Pov

I was ready in a few minutes after I sensed something was off. I made my ways to the girl's room.

"Girls get up, you need to get..." I said as I opened the door only to find them already getting ready "...ready"

"Guys Sara just went ahead on her own" Ino said as she entered the room from the balcony.

"Of course she is" A voice said from behind me, I turned to find Hideo holding the bridge of his nose. "Kurenai, Kakashi and Asuma are waking up the boys, I will go catch up to her before she gets herself killed"

********************************************************

Sara Pov

Underlings were the only ones here. Weak ones but they did have the advantage of the number. It was almost like an army making me wonder, how long has Orochimaru and his men really been here before they decided to attack.

'They're looking for you' Yami told me

'I know' I replied as I managed to hit another one, basically right now I was the gates after I set my clones to different directions to help the citizens get away, I was buying time.

'I mean they're looking for you now, that's why only the weak ones are attacking' She said 'The leaders and your brother will probably only come when they're sure of your location'

'I know that's why I am here at the gates, at least the real me is. It's an open area here, so I can easily see them coming' I told her 'that's also one of the reasons I made sure my clones can be easily determined as clones'

'BEHIND YOU!' Yami shouted

I turned around only for the one attacking to be pushed away by a mini tornado.

"Idiot!" Sadao said as he continued to fight, I could see many of the birds surrounding the sky all over the village fighting probably "what are you doing here by yourself?"

"You know the usual" I told him casually as I continued fighting, trying to waste as less as possible from my energy I still needed to save Yoshio "kicking ass, fighting, having fun"

I was hit on the head, an all familiar hit.

"Sara you're really an idiot" Sensei said as he helped me fight after hitting me on the head "If it weren't for Satoshi bringing me here"

"Looks like there's an agreement that I am an idiot" I said as I caught Satoshi, Shou and Daichi fighting on one side beside us at the gates. Ume and Raiden were fighting beside Sadao. "So everyone else?"

"Probably on their way" he replied as we continued to fight.

We continued to fight for a few more minutes before I heard the all familiar voice of Naruto.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" He shouted and soon enough we were surrounded by hundreds of Naruto.

"You two okay?" Kakashi asked as he jumped beside us, we both nodded, Naruto's clones were handling the enemy now. Sakura and Sasuke were soon beside him "we figured since the enemy were after Sara, it was best to have two jounins here, so Pakun did the trailing"

"They probably are going to come out soon enough" Sensei said, and for some reason I felt like they already have.