Chapter 6: There are real heroes

Chapter 6

Sara’s Pov

Sakura and I were at the bridge with Tazuna she was sitting on the railing watching the men work while she yawned, while I was standing looking at the water, resting my chin on my hand, trying to keep my eyes open.

“Are you two always this lazy?” Tazuna asked as he stomped by us.

She sighed, as I continued to stare at the water.

“Where are the weird blonde kid and the one with the attitude?” He asked putting some wood down.

“They are training” she answered him.

“Too tough for you?” Tazuna mocked.

“No in fact I’m the best, that’s why sensei sent me here to guard you” she said completely forgetting about me.

“You’re joking” Tazuna laughed which caused Sakura to give him the angriest glare, “And you?” he asked turning to me.

“I already know that stuff” I said not bothering to face him, I am too bored to do that.

Before he could give some rude comment, a man approached him.

“Uh, Tazuna I need to talk to you”

“Huh? What about?” Tazuna asked whipping the sweat from his forehead.

“Uh, well, the thing is. I’ve been thinking a lot about the bridge and I’ve decided, I’ve pushed my luck far enough, I want out”

“NOW YOU’RE GOING TO QUIT ON ME JUST LIKE THAT! YOU’RE KIDDING!” Tazuna screamed, by now I had turned to watch him and the other man.

“You know, I stayed on because of our friendship but I’m putting my life on the line every day I stay here. Gato and his thugs will show up eventually. And when they do they’ll kill you and the bridge will never get finished anyway. It’s a lost cause Tazuna. Why don’t we stop now while we can still get out of this alive?” the man said.

“No chance” Tazuna growled after a few moments pause. “This is our bridge. Our island is poor and it will stay that way until this bridge connects us to the main land. Comers’ trade and Hope! That’s what we’re building here”

“There’s not going to be much hope if we’re all dead”

“It’s already noon, lets break for launch” Tazuna growled walking straight past the man. He was angry and everyone could see it.

“Tazuna, Let’s not end it like this” The man cried out to him as he walked past.

“Save you breath. Oh and Giichi don’t bother coming back after lunch”

“This is fantastic; it’s been ages since we’ve had so many guests around our table” Tazuna laughs fixing his glasses.

Naruto and Kakashi sat at one side of the table with Sasuke and Inari opposite them. Tazuna was at the head of the table and at the other head sat Sakura; I am sitting right beside her.

Sasuke and Naruto were hastily shoveling food into their mouths. My eyes darted between them, I can’t believe that someone could eat this fast.

Then, at the same time, Naruto and Sasuke stood up holding their bowls in the air shouting “I want some more!”

When they realized that they had just copied each other their eyes met and they glared at each other. If looks can kill those two would be dead right now. They growled at each other and then they sat down and turned to the sides, throwing up all the food they just ate.

I look down and sigh.

“I think I lost my appetite” I mumble.

“DON’T EAT SO MUCH IF YOUR GONNA PUKE IT UP!” Sakura shouted glaring back and forth between them.

“I have to eat” Sasuke panted wiping his mouth.

“And I have to eat more than him. It’s only way I’ll get strong enough to beat him” Naruto growled through gritted teeth.

“That’s true. But puking won’t help you” Kakashi nodded crossing his arms.

After dinner Sakura was looking at a picture hanging on the wall, as we were still sitting on the table, while Tsunami cleans up from dinner.

“Hey, this picture is ripped” Sakura suddenly said, grabbing our attention “Is there a reason for that?”

“I noticed that you kept glancing up at it Inari. Don’t you think it’s kind of strange to keep a photo where someone’s been torn out of it?” Sakura said looking over at Inari.

“That’s my husband” Tsunami says in a sad voice.

“They used to call him hero in this land” Tazuna speaks up sadly, when Inari suddenly jumps out of his chair.

“Inari! Where are you going?!” his mother calls, worried. He ignores her, marching from the house and slamming the door behind him. Tsunami runs up to the door, casting a dirty look at Tazuna.

“Father! You know that you can’t talk about him like that in front of Inari!” she scolds before disappearing out the door as well.

Tazuna tells us about Inari’s father Kaiza how he they were close, although he wasn’t his real father, and how he saved the village from being flooded, and was called a hero, but when stood up to Gato he killed him in front of the entire village, to be an example.

“No one should see their parents get killed in front of them” I mumble to myself in a low voice, but I think Sasuke heard me, more because he was staring at me.

Naruto stands, before falling straight over, face planting the floor.

“What are you doing down there Naruto?” Sakura asks exasperatedly, hands on her hips.

“You’d better take the day off, no more training until you’re fully rested. You’ve used up too much chakra, and if you keep pushing yourself, it could kill you”

“I’m gonna prove it!” he informs us, pushing himself up from the floor.

“What?” Sakura asks.

“I’ll prove to him, that there are real heroes in this world!” he exclaims determinedly, before turning around and running from the house.