Chapter 4: C rank turns A rank

Chapter 4

Sara Pov

I look where Kakashi once stood noticing the log pieces; I refocus on the two ninja to see one leaping for Naruto who was standing frozen in his place.

When the ninja is just about to hit Naruto, I kick him in the stomach sending him crashing into a tree, but he still managed to scratch Naruto.

I look at the other ninja to see Sasuke has stopped him, bounding him to a tree; the ninja gets rid of his claw, and then both ninja starts heading for Tazuna, Sakura leaps in front of him, kunai in hand.

Just when I was about to leap for them, Kakashi-sensei stops them, and holds them in a headlock.

Naruto blinks, and stares at Kakashi.

"Kakashi sensei!" Sakura cries happily, as Kakashi gazes calmly at us all.

"Huh?" Naruto says looking confused as he glances around. "But he was......ooohh!" Realization hits the blonde, as he glances at where 'Kakashi' was torn apart, only to see a pile of logs.

"Naruto, sorry for not helping you right away" Kakashi says smartly, turning to face the blue eyed boy. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I just didn't think that you'd freeze up like that"

As Naruto hangs his head in shame, I see Tazuna sigh with relief and I can't help scowling. This guy has some explaining to do.

"Good job Sasuke, Sara, you too Sakura" Kakashi compliments.

"Hey!" Sasuke calls to Naruto, making the blonde pause for a moment.

Naruto turns to face Sasuke.

"You're not hurt are ya?" Sasuke asks mockingly, lips pulling up into a smirk "Scaredy cat!"

Naruto growls at him, hands balling into fists.

"Sasuke!" Naruto shouts angrily, I move between him and Sasuke.

"Naruto, stop moving ok" I tell him quietly.

"Why?" he asks dumbly.

"Because their claws were laced with poison Naruto" Kakashi answers him.

"We have to open the wound to get it out, moving around will make it spread quicker" I tell him, gaining shocked look from the three genins, right they don't know that I know medical Ninjutsu.

Naruto turns his gaze from me, and stares down at his scratched hand worriedly, his face turning a little pale.

"Oh, and by the way, Mr. Tazuna" Kakashi says, turning to face the man and making him jump.

"Uhh, yeah...what?" he replies, sounding a little worried.

"We need to have a little talk"

We stand and stare at the two ninja who attacked us, now tied to a tree.

"They're chunin from the village hidden in the mist" Kakashi announces, having checked the symbols on their headbands. "They specialize in relentless attack. They've been taught to keep fighting, no matter what the sacrifice may be"

So much for a relaxing rookie Genin life.

"How did you know about our ambush?" one of the mist ninja questions us.

"On a sunny day like this when it hasn't rained in days. A puddle shouldn't exist" Kakashi concluded. I knew a few miles back, but no one needs to know that.

Tazuna suddenly turns to Kakashi "Hey, why'd you leave all the fighting to these little Genin?"

"I could have taken them out quickly" Kakashi states thoughtfully, "But then I wouldn't have learned anything. I had to find out who their real target was and what they were after."