Chapter 24: The breaking point

Sara Pov

I stood infront of the mirrior, brushing my hair. A frown was plastered on my face, i didnt even find it in me to fake a smile, like i did most of the time. I was wearing a black short sleeved dress, and black shoes and my reglar ninja headband.

I went out of the house walking down the path that led to the village, the path was full of my clan members heading like me to the hokages funeral, along with all those who gave their lives to protect the village.

Kohana left earlier, she and her friends wanted to be there for konohamaru.

I walked down the road heading to the hokage tower for the funeral. One thought was ringing through my mind.

Orochimaru killed the hokage, and my brother worked for him. He worked for the snake that attacked our clan, our village, killed our parents, our clan members, and our hokage. It was the only i could think about, my brother was now rogue, but only Sensei and i knew. we agreed to keep it a secret till we figure out more.

 I made my way to the secon row once i was at the top of the hokage tower. I stood next to Hideo sensei on the second row, he was on my right with no one on my left. Kohana was standing next to Moegi.

It started to rain heavily, soaking everyone. All ninjas held in there tears. but there faces showed the sadness not onlt for the loss of the hokage but for all those who gave their lives.

The two village elders, Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane stood infront of the crownd.

"We are gathered here" Homura started saying "To remember and honor not only the third hokage but all those who sacrficed themselves in this battle so that our village will survive"

I looked down, as Konohamru cried. I remembered my parents funeral. I didnt cry, i couldnt i needed to be strong i couldnt show my weakness. Iruka crouched giving Konohamru a hug trying to comfort him. 

-Flashback-

I stood infront of my parents grave after the funeral. My eyes no longer holding the spark that they used too.

"You know its okay to cry" a voice said from behind me, i turned around to see the third hokage standing there.

"Lord hokage" i greeted with a bow showing respect.

"Your a kid, and even if shinobi shouldnt show emotions. you have every right to cry to let the pain out" he told me quietly, i looked back at my parents grave before turning around again to face him.

"Excuse me lord hokage, but i need to go" i told him with a bow as i left

-end of flashback-

W stood in a line placing each a white flower, as i placed mine, I remembered the day i became a ninja a year after the incident, Hideo sensei was away on a mission, Kohana was still 2. and I was alone on that day, while everyone was with their family.

But that day the Hokage paid me a visit and congratulated me on it. He took care of everyone in the village. and he died protecting it.

I made my way back to where i was standing. as everyone did too. Kakashi was now standing on my left.

"Iruka sensei" Naruto said quietly "Why do they do it? why do people risk their lives for other people?"

I listened thoguhtfully as his question rang in mind.

"Well" Iruka started "When someone passes away, it's the end. His past and future, all his dreams he once had, they disappear along with him. This is true, even if he dies honorably in battle, as so many have, as Hayate did. All the ties that bind him to the living are servered, all but one, the most important of all... People. Parents, sibling, friend, lovers. The people that are important to him, and these people, the ones that he left behind are joined together in a great circle, by their shared memories of him. A circle of friendship, trust and sacrifice, that grows larger and stronger as time passes. It's hard to explain it, we remain in a circle forever, we have no choice. It's important to us."