Chapter 5: Climbing trees

This chapter is dedicated to emerden101, since she was the first to comment on my story.

Chapter 5

Sara Pov

We were now at Tazuna’s house, we met his daughter tsunami, and I waited till Kakashi sensei was to tell them about Zabuza.

Kakashi peers up at us from his bed sheepishly.

“I think I over did it with my sharingan” he mutters.

“Look Kakashi sensei” she begins with a sigh “your sharingan is amazing and all, but if it puts this much strain on you, then maybe it’s just not worth using it?”

“Well, you did take out one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we’ll be safe for a while” Tazuna grunts, as Sakura gives Kakashi a thoughtful look.

“Yeah….But what about that boy with the mask?” she asks, fidgeting in her seat.

Kakashi explains all about hunter Nins, and how they do their job, when he finishes he leans forward, resting his hand on his forehead.

“Something wrong Kakashi sensei?” Naruto questions him, making the jounin sit up straight in surprise.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah, I’m fine” he assures the blonde. “To finish what I was saying before, tracker ninja deal with the body immediately, on the spot, so there’s no room for error”

“So you realized too” I tell him in a calm voice, making all eyes turn to me “I realized it there, but you fainted before I could say anything”

“Realized what?” Sakura questions.

“Well, think about it” he replies “Do you remember what that tracker ninja did with Zabuza’s body?”

“Ummm, well, we don’t know what he did” Sakura reminds him sounding confused. “He took the body away with him”

Kakashi nods thoughtfully.

“Exactly. But why?” he asks brows furrowing “He should’ve worked on Zabuza right there, as quickly as possible.”

“Think of the weapons he used to take Zabuza down” I tell them.

“Senbon needles” Sasuke supplies, before realization dawns on him “No way!”

Kakashi and I nod.

“Exactly, from my experience Senbon needles need to hit a vital organ to kill” I inform them

“None of it adds up…” Kakashi mutters

“What are you guys talking about?” Tazuna asked.

“Most likely Zabuza’s alive” Kakashi conclude, I nod in agreement.

 I look at the others to see shock written all over their faces.

“But Kakashi sensei you checked him yourself!” Sakura cries “You said his heart has stopped sensei!”

“That must just have been a temporary state of death, I use it sometimes too” Kakashi nods.

“Like I said before Senbon needles kill if they hit a vital organ not the neck”

“That’s right” Kakashi agrees “They can be modified for medical use, such as acupuncture. Trackers are specially trained to know every detail of the human body. Temporarily stopping the heart, while keeping the body alive, is an easy task for them.”

“First of all” the jounin continues “He carried Zabuza’s body away, even though it’s much heavier than his own. Secondly, he used non-lethal Senbon needles. So from these two facts, we can conclude that the tracker wasn’t trying to dispose of Zabuza, he was trying to save him”