Chapter 44: Sacrifice and guilt

Hi guys! ^_^ 

I am sorry it's been crazy with collage and everything but here's a chapter that ends this arc after so long.

I hope you like it.

Sara Pov

-----Flashback-----

"So you sure you want to be a shinobi?" Dad asked me as we sat on the deck at the back of the house.

"Yup" the three-year-old me replied popping the p.

"Even If I asked you to not become one?" He asked causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

I thought for a second before replying "Probably won't become one, I don't want to make you sad"

"Who said anything about sadness, worry is more like it" He told me with a sad look on his face.

"You're lying, you look sad right now" I stated with crossed arms.

"Since when do you call your own dad a liar?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow

"You're the one that told me to be honest" I told him sticking my tongue out at him childishly as he smiled at me. "But why are you sad daddy?"

His smiled disappeared as he stared in a distance with the same sad look, he stayed quiet for a few minutes as he gathered his thought before he started talking.

"Did you know I had a big brother? His name was Seiichi." He asked me but didn't wait for an answer "He was great shinobi, managed to join the ANBU before he decided to return to being a jounins become a team sensei by the third ninja war. The war thought was really tough in the end he stayed so that his team could escape."

It was only later I find out that my uncle was the sensei of Asuma, Kurenai and Raido.

I stared down in sadness, I might have not known this uncle of mine but losing your big brother was something I thought I would be able to live through, back then I couldn't imagine losing Yoshio.

"Being a shinobi is more than just fighting and cool moves like how you watched Yoshio" He told me looking at me in the eye "Lots of people fight, but being a true shinobi is about fighting for others, to protect those you love, the greatest shinobi aren't the just the strongest ones they're the ones they're the ones willing to lie down their lives for what they care about, whether it's their village, clan, family or friends. It's a life of sacrifice and lost mostly, but it's fulfilling when the people you protect live" He smiled "You only truly become strong when you're willing to fight for others as much as you would fight yourself"

----End of flashback-----

I was still in the darkness, after sobbing for while I now stayed still in the darkness, just awaiting whatever will happen to me. Memories was all I had to pass the time, while I waited for my fate that had hunted me for 7 years now.

The memory the played in my head about my dad had me thinking about what he would think of what I was doing, he would probably be mad, scold me even. What I was doing was plain giving up, I knew it and I was doing it willingly.

"Damn right he would be mad" A voice I knew all so well shouted angrily as Yami appeared from the darkness, but despite the darkness I could finally see her.

Short chin-long black hair, brown eyes, she was normal height and looked like she was in her 20's or 30's.

"Did you know how hard it was to get through the genjutsu to you?" She asked angrily with crossed arms "Since I knew how much of a coward you are, I had to follow here"