Chapter 16: Devastating news

Here it is hope you like, and i dont have much to say so just go ahead!!

Hideo Pov

I was sitting next to the bed where Sara layed.

I rested my chin in my inter wined hands, thinking about what Satoshi told me.

-flashback-

"What are you talking about exactly?" i asked Satoshi concerned, Sara was the type to hide if she has a problem she didnt like to have someone worry about her.

"I think you already thought about it" he said "especially after what she said before, you must have noticed how for a short time, before she joined the genin team that she was becoming more and more distant"

"I did notice but i thought it was because she was getting a lot of missions, I thought she was just tired, thats why i talked to her about  joining one of the new genin teams so she could slow things down a bit, what exactly has she been hiding?" I was trying to keep my usual tone, but it was hard when my student could have been facing something and i failed to be there for her, even if she thought she could face it alone.

"She would kill me if i told you this" he said releasing a sigh "and she have been holding herself up till now, but she is still a child, and if she breaks she will need someone to be there for her" he looked me in the eyes "A year ago she was diagnosed with a brain tumor" my eyes widened in shock, and my mouth hanged open, "the surgery doesnt have a high chance if sucess, it's less than 25% actually, and if she doesnt have the surgery i think you know what i'm saying" he finnished.

My face still held a shocked expression, i couldnt believe what i was hearing, Sara was going to die, and she hid it, and i couldnt believe i didnt try to figure out what was going on with her, even though i knew if she was facing trouble she wouldnt tell.

My fists clenched, and i gritted my teath, she was only 12, 13 in a few days, and she carried this all alone, like she always does, she worries about everyone, and tries her best to make sure no on worries about her.

"Who knows?" i asked relaxing a bit, trying to regain my calmness "Who else knows about this?"

"The hokage, a few doctors" he replied "And Kakashi"

"She told Kakashi!" i asked suprised that she would tell him and not me "Not by her free will, she had an episode on the mission to the land of the waves, and on the way back , he gave her the choice to tell him, or he tell the other three about her episode, so she told him, and made him promise to not tell anyone"

"episode?!" i asked confused "yes, it doesnt happen very often, but she sometimes gets a strong headache that ends with her in pain, she has medication that ends the pain in minutes, but during those minutes she is in too much pain to do anything, even after the pain goes, it takes her a while to get back to her full strength"

-end of flashback-

I couldnt believe it, she hid alot before, but i never thought she would hide something like this, and now with Orochimaru here, she is being pushed overthe edge, and like Saroshi said, she is just a kid.

"what are you doing here?" I asked the person that just entered the room, it was just Sara, him and I.

"Came to check on her" Kakashi answered "the doctors said she was stable now, but it has been three days and she still hadnt woken up"

"You should have told me the moment you found out" i said clenching my fists

"What are you talking about?" he asked leaning beside the window, on the wall on the other side of the room, i hit the wall beside me "Dont act like you dont know, i'm talking about Sara's tumor. the one that's going to kill her"