Chapter 3: a C rank mission

Beta reading by nymphomaniac

Balance of Light and Dark: Chapter 3

 Sara Pov

"Sasuke here, I'm at point B."

"This is Sakura, and I'm at point C."

"Naruto! And I'm at point A! Believe it!"

"Sara here too, I'm at point D."

"Naruto you're late. Anyways, team sev- hmm?" Kakashi stopped himself mid-sentence.

"Our target has moved!" Shouted Kakashi. "Follow it!" We all chased after it, jumping from tree to tree.

"It's over there~!" Naruto whispered loudly. We turned our attention to him, he was pointing at some rustling bushes. I hid in a high branch while Sakura and Sasuke both peered over at the target from behind some trees.

"What is everyone's distance from the target?" Kakashi asked, his voice crackling over the wireless earpiece.

"Five meters." Naruto replied, his focus on the target. "I'm ready, just give me the signal!"

Sasuke scanned the area from his hiding spot behind a tree.

"Yeah, I'm ready too"

"So am I" Sakura added.

"Same here" I said, looking down from the high branch I was perched on.

"Ready?...go!" Ordered Kakashi. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura all jumped towards the target, I sat down on the high branch I was in. Naruto somehow managed to grab onto the small brown cat before it could run away.

"I got it! I got it!" he cried victoriously. The cat began yowling and wiggling in Naruto's vice-like grip. Turning around, it hissed and began clawing at his face.

"Can you verify it by a red ribbon on its right ear?" Kakashi asked Sasuke. I hopped down from my tree branch.

"Affirmative, we've got a positive ID" Sasuke replied, ignoring the pain-filled shrieks from Naruto.

"Excellent. Tora, the lost pet, has been captured. Mission accomplished team 7!" Kakashi narrated approvingly.

"Can't we get a better mission?!" Naruto shouted into the ear piece, his loud voice practically bursting everyone's ear drums. "I hate cats!" Sakura then punched Naruto upside the head.

"Don't yell into it you idiot!" she screamed, not noticing she had also just screamed into the ear piece.

"Calm down Sakura you just screamed into our ears too." I sighed.

"Huh, sorry I didn't mean to" she apologized quietly.

"Oohhhhhh! My poor little Tora!" A rather heavy-set lady shouted while rubbing her face against her screeching cat. "I was so worried about you! Yes I was!" She cooed.

We all watched solemnly, everyone but Naruto sweat-dropping. That poor cat, someone should report this lady to animal control.

"Haha! Stupid Cat! He deserves to be squashed!" Naruto laughed, earning himself an elbow in the ribs from Sakura.

"Well." She sighed and looked back at the cat, "I guess it's no wonder he ran away…"

"Now then!" The Hokag spoke up from his desk. "There are a few different missions that team seven could do. Such as babysitting the chief counselor's three-year old, helping his wife do the shopping, digging up potatoes in the-"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Naruto shouted in frustration.

"I wanna go on a real mission old man!" Naruto shouted in his face. "Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid crap!"