Chapter 46: Back

Yoshio Pov

"Sara's awake" She said causing my eyes to widen.

I ran in the hospital's direction shouting thanks over my shoulder. I jumped over the roofs to avoid the crowd in the streets.

I made it in a short time and continued running through the halls towards her room, to find Manami by the door talking with Shizune.

"Manami!" I called she turned towards me smiling. "Is she really..." I started asking feeling anxious, a bit frightened and hopeful.

"Yeah she's awake" She answered before I could finish talking "Lady Tsunade came to check on her herself she's already inside with her, we just have to wait a bit."

I couldn't stop the smile that made it to my face as relief and excitement filled me, or describe how glad I was right now, I couldn't even stop the chuckle when I heard Lady Tsunade shout at Sara, she was probably getting a speech beside her checkup.

Sara Pov

I held my hands to my ears as Lady Tsunade shouted at me, telling me off for using too much chakra, and taking that much risk on the mission.

I was told that it was about a month since the mission, that they had to do my surgery while I was unconscious, and that it was a success.

I was really glad but there was still one thing, I needed to make sure of.

"Lady Tsunade!" I called trying to get her to stop yelling "I am sorry, I really am!" I said sheepishly bowing with my head.

She huffed angrily before sighing "All in all you're in a good shape, but considering how long you have been in a coma, you will need sometime before you could move normally, you will just have to take it slow and also it will be better not to use any chakra for the time being till you completely recover, so you will be staying at the hospital for a while longer -and don't you dare object-" She said the last part as I opened my mouth to object so I just settled for a groan. "-you will also be taking physical therapy till you can move normally again."

"Fine" I huffed "I wanted to ask about..."

Before I could even finish she was already leaving, taking me by surprise.

"Hey wait!" I called but she just ignored me making her way outside and I heard her talking with somebody. "I just wanted to ask about Yoshio." I whispered sighing feeling even more worried.

'What if I didn't manage to help him? Or if something happened to him? Could they be trying to hide it from me?' I thought anxiously 'What if I had ended up killing him...?'

'You're just overthinking it!' Yami intervened 'He's fine...probably, what you did at least shouldn't have harmed him in any physical way'

'I really hope so' I thought closing my eyes and biting my lips 'I can't lose him'

'Focus on recovering' she told me 'Even if somehow he isn't in the village and got away, you now don't have to worry about some illness, we'll just have to go and find him again'

'Thanks Yami'

'What are you thanking for me you idiot?' She shouted at me 'you were just annoying me with those depressing thoughts'

I giggled at her answer and smiled as I felt some of the anxiousness leave me.

"What's funny?" A male voice said, catching me by surprise as I opened my eyes as I gaped at the person standing beside my bed. "I thought you were going to sleep, till you giggled, so I didn't want to disturb you" He was babbling as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.